Everton (A) Post Match Thread

I love that Wayne Rooney played in that first half, and was taken off soon into the second. I thought he would have needed oxygen if he stayed on. We were blinding today, they chased shadows.
And by that, I obviously mean shadders.

I was a bit apprehensive before the game, and predicted a draw in the pre-match poll, not through superstition but because we always struggle at Goodison. And because I’m an eternal pessimist. But now I’m starting to realise the folly of my pessimism. Typical City doesn’t really exist any more. Guardiola is changing all of my irrational preconceptions.

The fact that we came through this game so impressively and, dare I say easily, is testament to this team. We are unbelievably good at the moment. I have to pinch myself at times. What a team. What a manager. What a time to be a Blue. We should just sit back and enjoy it. Seems mad that there are still posts on here questioning his tactics or team selections.

I honestly don’t think it’ll get much better than this. As a caveat, I still think we’ll lose at Anfield this week. Just one of those things. Although I thought that about Goodison. Win on Wednesday and that’s pretty much greatness confirmed on Pep.

I was a bit apprehensive before the game, and predicted a draw in the pre-match poll, not through superstition but because we always struggle at Goodison. And because I’m an eternal pessimist. But now I’m starting to realise the folly of my pessimism. Typical City doesn’t really exist any more. Guardiola is changing all of my irrational preconceptions.

The fact that we came through this game so impressively and, dare I say easily, is testament to this team. We are unbelievably good at the moment. I have to pinch myself at times. What a team. What a manager. What a time to be a Blue. We should just sit back and enjoy it. Seems mad that there are still posts on here questioning his tactics or team selections.

I honestly don’t think it’ll get much better than this. As a caveat, I still think we’ll lose at Anfield this week. Just one of those things. Although I thought that about Goodison. Win on Wednesday and that’s pretty much greatness confirmed on Pep.
I've never seen us win there so maybe this time, would snatch your hand off for a score draw mind.

That first 30 minutes was brilliant. Sane, Jesus, Silva & Fernandinho were our star men.

The more I see of Bernardo, the more I like him. Even though he was only on for a short time, his control & speed of thought were something else.

Roll on Wednesday.....

That first 30 minutes was brilliant. Sane, Jesus, Silva & Fernandinho were our star men.

The more I see of Bernardo, the more I like him. Even though he was only on for a short time, his control & speed of thought were something else.

Roll on Wednesday.....

We could’ve really leathered them today, but we notably took the foot off the pedal with one one eye on Wednesday. Bernardo is going to be brilliant.

Agreed. Right down to the dippers prediction. (We’ll twat them at home instead)

Several confusing contradictions & elements of negativity in there Ric,but even the most rational are getting a little scrambled by CITYs relentless brilliance at the moment.

1 game at a time & steady as she goes is Peps mantra. We could be about to see true greatness & history made in the next 8 weeks.

It's our time,we deserve it,ENJOY IT !!

Btw.....we're also world leaders in renewable energy so toppin up or pluggin in CITYs goina gettcha.

As an older fan than most I also have a reluctance to ignore the typical City curse that made me so wary of predicting our future results.
However Pep has changed the meaning of typical City from a dread of optimism to expectation. We are now consistently good with just a handfull of indifferent games, which in fairness are down to missing chances.
Typical City now has a feel about it that our opponents fear and respect. The media are forced to accept and praise our achievements with very few defeats to report.
I now enjoy matchday expecting City to play well and hopefully have their shooting boots on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.