Everton (A) Post Match Thread

One of our best first half performances ever.

Said in the pre match once I saw the line ups that it could be a goal fest. Their midfield was non existent and we went through it so many times. Probably could of scored 5+ in the first half. We were just amazing.

Silva my MOTM. He was absolutely on it. I have no words. Sane a close second, terrorized their defense and took his goal very well. Jesus had amazing link up, some of his best, those flicks, back heels were something else. So fluid, perfect for Pep’s system, of course he’ll agree a new deal. Thought Sterling was average yesterday but still got his goal and was a tough finish as well with the left foot. Fernandinho and De Bruyne also great as usual.

Love that Pep said post match that Liverpool games are most important. Expecting some rotation in the derby which we should win regardless.

From an Everton S/T holder on a general football forum:

"As good as Sane and Dr Bruyne are, David Silva is just a beautiful footballer. Watching him is like playing FIFA with all the sliders up. His movement, control, everything is superhuman."

Having said that she was very scathing of their inability to get a single victory in league or cup against a top six side (Southampton are the only other) and most dis-chuffed about their fans clapping KDB when he was subbbed. She sees most away games as well and some of her rants when they lose are brilliant.

Great game and fantastic to come through without any injuries (apart from Lapaorte?).

Hopefully we can do a job against Liverpool on Wednesday - 0-1 to us would be great - so we can go for it against the rags next weekend. I am a bit concerned that they will try to make it a physical battle with Matic and Sideshow trying to kick our lads. Hopefully we get a decent ref and blow them away.

Cannot wait!

I was a bit apprehensive before the game, and predicted a draw in the pre-match poll, not through superstition but because we always struggle at Goodison. And because I’m an eternal pessimist. But now I’m starting to realise the folly of my pessimism. Typical City doesn’t really exist any more. Guardiola is changing all of my irrational preconceptions.

The fact that we came through this game so impressively and, dare I say easily, is testament to this team. We are unbelievably good at the moment. I have to pinch myself at times. What a team. What a manager. What a time to be a Blue. We should just sit back and enjoy it. Seems mad that there are still posts on here questioning his tactics or team selections.

I honestly don’t think it’ll get much better than this. As a caveat, I still think we’ll lose at Anfield this week. Just one of those things. Although I thought that about Goodison. Win on Wednesday and that’s pretty much greatness confirmed on Pep.

It’s probably a generation thing and we’ve gone through too many flaws to not be a bit more positive than we can be nowadays. I myself try to talk the performances down a bit if someone goes on about how good we are these days. Fact is we are so good that it in fact deserves all the positives from fans. Or is that the moment we will sound like the rags? Like you say, just sit back and enjoy.

The first half was an absolute masterclass of a performance. Second half we played in 2nd gear if not 3rd and even than could’ve scored another few.

Ever since 1976 I can’t remember we won at Goodison in such a controlled almost easy way. Do you? And we had Aguero, Stones and Mendy out. All three of them on the brink of a return to make whoever sits on it, our bench even more impressive. Class club-board-manager-squad and -fans!

I was a bit apprehensive before the game, and predicted a draw in the pre-match poll, not through superstition but because we always struggle at Goodison. And because I’m an eternal pessimist. But now I’m starting to realise the folly of my pessimism. Typical City doesn’t really exist any more. Guardiola is changing all of my irrational preconceptions.

The fact that we came through this game so impressively and, dare I say easily, is testament to this team. We are unbelievably good at the moment. I have to pinch myself at times. What a team. What a manager. What a time to be a Blue. We should just sit back and enjoy it. Seems mad that there are still posts on here questioning his tactics or team selections.

I honestly don’t think it’ll get much better than this. As a caveat, I still think we’ll lose at Anfield this week. Just one of those things. Although I thought that about Goodison. Win on Wednesday and that’s pretty much greatness confirmed on Pep.

Great post mate. I think we are all aware now that we are watching history in the making. Every time they go out to play I have a little doubt in my mind: are they tired, are we due some bad luck, etc. And the just keep looking better and better, rising arrogantly to every challenge.

I think you’re wrong about the Liverpool game. I think we will win this tie comfortably on Wednesday night and I think this few days will go down as a historic week: the week we underlined our utter dominance of English football.

It is an absolute pleasure to watch this football genius at work. I am truly drinking in every minute of it. They will talk about this season when my kids are old.

Great post mate. I think we are all aware now that we are watching history in the making. Every time they go out to play I have a little doubt in my mind: are they tired, are we due some bad luck, etc. And the just keep looking better and better, rising arrogantly to every challenge.

I think you’re wrong about the Liverpool game. I think we will win this tie comfortably on Wednesday night and I think this few days will go down as a historic week: the week we underlined our utter dominance of English football.

It is an absolute pleasure to watch this football genius at work. I am truly drinking in every minute of it. They will talk about this season when my kids are old.

Totally agree. We are witnessing something very special

Brilliant performance. Do people think Ederson plays the ball deliberately long for the second goal expecting Sane to run into that space. He must have otherwise why would Sane run nearly 30 yards from out wide to the exact spot. I can't recall ever seeing that before. Crazy amazing stunning football. As they said on MOTD you can't defend against that style of play. Brilliant
we have used that tactic several times this season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.