Everton (A) Post Match Thread

The same as me. You can't just eradicate 35 years of mental torture overnight which is why we feel like we do.

I have a mate in London who actually supports Grimsby, which is where he is from. He laughs at me as when he tells me we are going to win as I start reeling off all the reasons we might not lol. I just can't expunge that inner doubt and fear no matter how hard I try lol!

Yesterday was just incredible to watch. Everton were chasing shadows and our passing and movement was beautiful to witness. Everton scoring annoyed me as really they deserved nothing. With better finishing we would have scored at least six, something we have said after a lot of games this season.

I remember Pep saying it would be next season before we really saw how he wanted the team to play and I can see what he means. We are probably very close, but maybe a bit more clinical in front of goal and eradicating the odd lapse, that gives even teams we are playing off the park a goal or a chance to score. Another small point is when we are taking the heat out of the game by keeping possession the odd player seems to lose patience and break protocol so losing it. It happened a couple of times near the end yesterday and it was annoying,as if they had fluked another,as a result it could suddenly have made life uncomfortable.

It is probably a bit churlish as perfection doesn't exist but for most of yesterday it did.

As this team keeps raising the bar, our expectations for more are also raised. It's the nature of the beast.

Very hard to argue with this. I can't think of a player who has been more underrated by the so called 'experts' than our little magician.
Media seem to be talking Player of the Year between De Bruyne and Salah. Surely (especially over the whole season not KdB's purple patch in the autumn) it should be Merlin.

Media seem to be talking Player of the Year between De Bruyne and Salah. Surely (especially over the whole season not KdB's purple patch in the autumn) it should be Merlin.

it probably would have been had the unfortunate circumstances not occurred around Christmas which put Dave out of the limelight for a few months.

As this team keeps raising the bar, our expectations for more are also raised. It's the nature of the beast.

people have to be mature and sensible and reset at the end of the season, bank this season and its memories and take next season as game 1, level with everyone else and a point to prove just like we did this season.

we have used that tactic several times this season
Ok I hadn't realised.
I know Ederson has played some brilliant long balls into the middle but I hadn't noticed players running on to them from such a distance away as Sane did yesterday. Astonishing play. Sane was immense yesterday. Him and Sterling are just getting better and better under Pep.

Agreed, he’s always gone under the radar though. The best stat of all is that’s david silva this season has averaged 2.92 points per game. Quite frankly, that is absolutely bonkers. If it wasn’t for that walker red card against Everton he’d be averaging 3 points per game.

Does anyone have any videos of everton fans clapping city off the pitch
We were in the gwladys end undercover mate they booed everton off at half time and there wasnt an everton player on the pitch when hundreds gave them a standing ovation same with kdb when he came off.
Never thought id be cheering city from the gwladys

people have to be mature and sensible and reset at the end of the season, bank this season and its memories and take next season as game 1, level with everyone else and a point to prove just like we did this season.

I always do. The past is the past, the future is ours.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.