Everton (A) Post Match Thread

Media seem to be talking Player of the Year between De Bruyne and Salah. Surely (especially over the whole season not KdB's purple patch in the autumn) it should be Merlin.

KDB was the standout player in those big games against Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham before Christmas.

I think it will come down to the next 2 games with Liverpool. If they knock us out with salah scoring he will get player of the season and likewise with KDB. I think merlin will be 3rd place .

It’s probably a generation thing and we’ve gone through too many flaws to not be a bit more positive than we can be nowadays. I myself try to talk the performances down a bit if someone goes on about how good we are these days. Fact is we are so good that it in fact deserves all the positives from fans. Or is that the moment we will sound like the rags? Like you say, just sit back and enjoy.

The first half was an absolute masterclass of a performance. Second half we played in 2nd gear if not 3rd and even than could’ve scored another few.

Ever since 1976 I can’t remember we won at Goodison in such a controlled almost easy way. Do you? And we had Aguero, Stones and Mendy out. All three of them on the brink of a return to make whoever sits on it, our bench even more impressive. Class club-board-manager-squad and -fans!

I don't think we've ever had a win quite like that at Goodison; although IIRC both Mancini and Pellegrini had good wins there but they were one-offs, we need to start making a habit of getting good results in Liverpool.

Great post mate. I think we are all aware now that we are watching history in the making. Every time they go out to play I have a little doubt in my mind: are they tired, are we due some bad luck, etc. And the just keep looking better and better, rising arrogantly to every challenge.

I think you’re wrong about the Liverpool game. I think we will win this tie comfortably on Wednesday night and I think this few days will go down as a historic week: the week we underlined our utter dominance of English football.

It is an absolute pleasure to watch this football genius at work. I am truly drinking in every minute of it. They will talk about this season when my kids are old.

I'm just a nervous passenger after 50 years of following this club; plus things can always go wrong for any team. The 1974 Holland team were one of the greatest I have seen and, of course, an inspiration for what we are now enjoying but they didn't win the World Cup. One of the beauties of football is that it can surprise you and, consequently, I don't think the fear can ever go away. Even if we win the league early, I'm still expecting some tense league games because City will still have records to play for.

I made a point of watching most of Liverpool's game yesterday and they didn't impress me but I am sure they will raise their game in the QF. I also carry the concern that I have seen us play a couple of two legged ties against them and have lost both in no small part thanks to rotten refereeing.

What pleased me yesterday was the attitude of the players and the level of performance. I was also impressed by how Pep went about things tactically, the 3-7-0 or was it 3-0-7 formation was a thing of beauty. City were exceptional yesterday and they just need to keep it up.

Obviously not the hundreds who bogged off from alongside us before half time. I just thought of when Liverpool tanked us at Maine Road under Alan Ball and he said he'd quite enjoyed it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.