Everton (A) Post Match Thread

Brilliant......

“David silva and Wayne Rooney are both 32. Today David silva controlled the game and played like he’s 18years old whilst Rooney looked like a 40yr old scaffolder playing in the dockyard league Sunday morning after 10 pints and a gram of shovel.”

Lots of talk this morning on social media about Sane nutmegging Rooney and KDB lobbing him, but I can’t remember it. Has anyone got a clip please?

Brilliant......

“David silva and Wayne Rooney are both 32. Today David silva controlled the game and played like he’s 18years old whilst Rooney looked like a 40yr old scaffolder playing in the dockyard league Sunday morning after 10 pints and a gram of shovel.”

Internet quote of the day, brilliant.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was a bit apprehensive before the game, and predicted a draw in the pre-match poll, not through superstition but because we always struggle at Goodison. And because I’m an eternal pessimist. But now I’m starting to realise the folly of my pessimism. Typical City doesn’t really exist any more. Guardiola is changing all of my irrational preconceptions.

The fact that we came through this game so impressively and, dare I say easily, is testament to this team. We are unbelievably good at the moment. I have to pinch myself at times. What a team. What a manager. What a time to be a Blue. We should just sit back and enjoy it. Seems mad that there are still posts on here questioning his tactics or team selections.

I honestly don’t think it’ll get much better than this. As a caveat, I still think we’ll lose at Anfield this week. Just one of those things. Although I thought that about Goodison. Win on Wednesday and that’s pretty much greatness confirmed on Pep.

The same as me. You can't just eradicate 35 years of mental torture overnight which is why we feel like we do.

I have a mate in London who actually supports Grimsby, which is where he is from. He laughs at me as when he tells me we are going to win as I start reeling off all the reasons we might not lol. I just can't expunge that inner doubt and fear no matter how hard I try lol!

Yesterday was just incredible to watch. Everton were chasing shadows and our passing and movement was beautiful to witness. Everton scoring annoyed me as really they deserved nothing. With better finishing we would have scored at least six, something we have said after a lot of games this season.

I remember Pep saying it would be next season before we really saw how he wanted the team to play and I can see what he means. We are probably very close, but maybe a bit more clinical in front of goal and eradicating the odd lapse, that gives even teams we are playing off the park a goal or a chance to score. Another small point is when we are taking the heat out of the game by keeping possession the odd player seems to lose patience and break protocol so losing it. It happened a couple of times near the end yesterday and it was annoying,as if they had fluked another,as a result it could suddenly have made life uncomfortable.

It is probably a bit churlish as perfection doesn't exist but for most of yesterday it did.

Vinny and Ota seemed to have swapped sides yesterday. Any ideas on why?

Otamendi got roasted by Salah, hopefully he plays Kompany as the left centre back against them, the form Vinny is in, Salah won’t get any joy cutting in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.