Everton (A) Post Match Thread

Think Everton pushed us more than any other team in the last 17 games.....they worked really hard but we constantly played around them. We gave away the ball probably more times in that game than we have in the last numerous matches and yet we still controlled the game very well.

The link up play by Jesus tonight was as good as Ive seen by any forward ever - I just wish he could finish better bu his work rate, link up play and movement dropping in between the lines is amazing (and he was constantly getting fouled)

Bernardo took a bit of time to get going but once again he was very good.
Cancello played well (think he is slightly more effective on the right)
Walker was very solid defensively as was Dias....Laporte was good but there were a couple of sloppy passes here and there.

Foden's work rate is phenominal and he is constantly battling successfully against far bigger and stronger players but his technical ability wins out more times than not.....

Mahrez was typical Mahrez.....did little for large parts and was frustrating and then scores a blinder.

Great 3 pts at a very difficult place but now we put that behind us and go onto the next....

Great to see KDB back
Agree.
Plus, not City but I've never seen such a mard arse as fucking Richarlison. He's one of these that would start a fight with his own reflection.
Sulky faced twat a-la Anthony VARtial, they both need a good slap.

I don't think Richarlison took his eyes off Dias and Laporte all game, Lord knows how the ref didn't call him on it.

Well, we do know I suppose.

The ref was too fucking busy making sure he was stood right in our passing lanes throughout the game. It became laughable the amount of times he got caught up in our play, centrally.

Nice assist for third goal too, dummying the ball.

I'm sure Marriner would have not bothered if he knew it would lead to a goal.

Last night Pep played his two wingers in a very strict, wide as possible role, There was no interchanging . It meant meant the Everton defence was continually stretched across the whole pitch. Unlike some teams they did not give up the wide spaces, but doubled up on the wingers. It meant a hard night for Raz and Mahrez, and it was interesting listening to Pep who was eager to praise the role each winger had played. The width created gave us the space to exploit inside, I love watching his tweaks from game to game, a bloody genius in my book.
Arsenal will no doubt be totally different, but the players seem to respond to his challenges, adapt and do exactly as he wishes.
Every one of our wingers gets stick on here because they 'frustrate' with the way they play. We know they have the ability to get past full backs down the line and when they don't they get slagged off. It's sort of understandable but misses the whole picture.
Guardiola would happily have 2 wingers stood out wide doing nowt if it means the opposition have to use 4 men to keep them quiet. He sticks one out wide every game and it's usually Mahrez or Sterling. They're doing exactly what the manager tells them, and if the instruction is 'stay wide and keep the ball' then 'blaming' the player is daft.

Thought we played well, Everton gave us a tougher game than Liverpool and Spurs.
Mahrez was the pick of 3 good goals.
Should be a good Fa cup tie next month

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.