Everton (A) Post Match Thread

Re Pep managing poorer teams.
His first managerial role was managing Barca B in Spain's 4th tier.
He won the league and they were promoted through the playoffs to the 3rd tier.

Last night Pep played his two wingers in a very strict, wide as possible role, There was no interchanging . It meant meant the Everton defence was continually stretched across the whole pitch. Unlike some teams they did not give up the wide spaces, but doubled up on the wingers. It meant a hard night for Raz and Mahrez, and it was interesting listening to Pep who was eager to praise the role each winger had played. The width created gave us the space to exploit inside, I love watching his tweaks from game to game, a bloody genius in my book.
Arsenal will no doubt be totally different, but the players seem to respond to his challenges, adapt and do exactly as he wishes.

What they don't mention is that pretty much every player has improved massively under Pep.
Although they had potential, it's not like he went out and got the best 12-13 players in the world.
Didn't the Sky pundits say that KdB was a waste of money?

Possibly, but we are exhibiting levels of control in games that suggests our opponents can't, or don't want to find out?

There is a mental superiority which we are imparting on our opponents now. It surely stems from the complete eradication of a soft underbelly which could be counter-attacked.

Ancelotti is someone I hugely respect and his admissions last night were very telling. His team wasn't able to compete at the level required to even leave it in the balance after an hour.

I'd like to hope that staying in a lower gear will serve us plenty in the truly big matches to come.
First half carlos got his tactics spot on by blocking all our passing lanes . They double down or triple on our wingers but his team was set not to lose and stop city from scoring which they couldn’t sustain through out 90 mins. Bernie’s , gabby and cancelo movements off the ball caused them havoc.

I'd say pep is tearing his hair out with cancelo.

Does some brilliant things but for everyone of those he does a few absolutely daft things. He won't do against teams that are as good as us I fear
Not everything he does comes off, but when you consider he does things that no-one else would even try to do, when they come off it is hard to defend against and is guaranteed to put most defences on the wrong foot dependant on how far up the pitch he is.
This guy is playing full back. He adds a totally different option to Walker, Zin and Mendy.

Not everything he does comes off, but when you consider he does things that no-one else would even try to do, when they come off it is hard to defend against and is guaranteed to put most defences on the wrong foot dependant on how far up the pitch he is.
This guy is playing full back. He adds a totally different option to Walker, Zin and Mendy.
what i like about cancelo is he is baller and the space he creates when all our forwards are marked is wonderful. He knows when and where to make the runs that’s why sometimes you see him open running with the ball .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.