Everton (a) post-match thread

I think that you are correct.
I do not care much for C/L, but I understand why it is important for City to win it.
The buck stops with Pep though.
Rubbish mate. The only time Peo would ever have to “prioritise” is if there were two key fixtures within a couple of days. Otherwise he sends City out to win. The concept of him using a league game to “experiment” with a formation is laughable.

I think that you are correct.
I do not care much for C/L, but I understand why it is important for City to win it.
The buck stops with Pep though.
If it was true, then yes. Except it isn’t neither Pep nor the players have or will prioritise the champions league over the premier league. It’s a myth spread on bluemoon mainly by the match day thread loons.

To those muppets saying we didn't deserve to win;

Possession Home32%Away68%
Shots Home6Away13
Shots on Target Home2Away8

Enough said. It would have been a nice touch for Zinchenko to have replaced Foden after the goal.
Even if the stats were the other way around and we’d had less possession and fewer shots, we’d still have deserved to win because we scored and the opposition didn’t.

You can count on one hand the amount of times a football team has won when they didn’t deserve to (Boro at our place when they didn’t have a single shot all game, neither on or off target, and they won with a Sun Jihai own goal, for example).

If you’re good enough to put the ball in the net, no matter how many much the opposition have the ball or shoot but can’t score, then you’ve deserved to win!

the rodri-gundogan combo doesnt work. same with bernardo-de bruyne combo.

that was a poor display that lacked any real cohesion and fluidity. Got very lucky in the end, but we take the 3 points and move on.

I wouldn't have been surprised if the penalty was given, but there is some doubt about exactly where it hit his arm - if it's on his sleeve, then it's not a penalty. If it hit below his sleeve, then it has to be deliberate for a pen to be given.

I think he was trying to control it with his chest, but the spin of the ball caught him out and it hit his arm, so in this case not deliberate.

Still, what do I know? All of those so-called experts, like Shearer, say it was definitely a pen, so it must have been. Unless he's just a c*nt.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.