Everton (a) post-match thread

That’s the same rule in rugby league. If VAR can’t 100% prove the ref wrong, the onfield decision remains.

Kavanagh was the VAR in both these incidents so he’s being consistent with the law n’all which is a positive.

What premier league referees also VAR Rugby league games, I didn't know that. Well to be honest I didn't know they had VAR in Rugby league.

definate pen for me..rodders got hold of it, bounced it twice, took the lace out then did a harlem globetrotters finger spin with it.
but the best part is the smell of boiling piss at the scouse swamp. priceless!

And swapped the ball for the googly trick one meaning pen would be missed

I go on about this a lot, but handball as a rule was a way of stopping people picking up the ball and running with it like they did at a rival school. But it has always been a bit of a mess because it wasn't designed to do anything other than stopping blokes picking up the ball and running with it. They've tried to firm it up with the t-shirt line rule, but there always going to be grey areas. But I think in the broadest terms possible your upper arm/shoulder area can't give you that much control over the ball. Coaches aren't going to be having players do drills on it. But any rule you put in will have grey areas because football ain't a scientific sport.
There are grey area of ever rule in the game and there has to be some consideration of the actual incident, did one player gain an advantage unfairly over another? If so it's a foul

I don't think Kev warrants a starting place?

He will always come up with a moment of class to remind us, goal against Chelsea, case in point.

But he's more liability than threat for a while now.

He doesn't have the type of fitness which allows him to get about the midfield and recover transitions, usually when he has lost the ball

I do think we have taken a backwards steps in terms of cohesion in the midfield not having Bernie and Foden playing in the engine room.

It becomes even more pronounced when them and Gundo are also being asked to play high, or at least naturally gravitating towards the attack end.

Kev is a big game player but I have felt for a while we may have already seen his peak, whilst all the time he will always give world class reminders.

He is the solution and also the cause at times, similar to how Toure was after his peak, teams know he won't/can't get back in.
The sad truth, for me we are a better team without him, he was always a risk taking player, always looking to make eye of the needle passes, game changing passes and in most games he produced.

But sadly in the last two season, those game changing moment's are becoming rare and his fitness levels have diminished alarmingly.

There is going to be a big call to make very soon unless KDB pulls off a Lazarus.

What worries me is that if VAR had deemed it to have hit Rodri's arm and asked the ref to review on the pitch side screen, they would have only shown him the possible handball rather than the earlier offside and the referee would have had no idea that any offside occurred. May be that is why he was not invited to review it on screen despite the official explanation saying nothing about the offside.

What worries me is that if VAR had deemed it to have hit Rodri's arm and asked the ref to review on the pitch side screen, they would have only shown him the possible handball rather than the earlier offside and the referee would have had no idea that any offside occurred. May be that is why he was not invited to review it on screen despite the official explanation saying nothing about the offside.
They check the offence first. If they think they should refer the ref to the screen, they check the play back to see if anything happened prior to that. As they decided it wasn't handball, they wouldn't have checked for the offside at all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.