Everton (a) post-match thread

I go on about this a lot, but handball as a rule was a way of stopping people picking up the ball and running with it like they did at a rival school. But it has always been a bit of a mess because it wasn't designed to do anything other than stopping blokes picking up the ball and running with it. They've tried to firm it up with the t-shirt line rule, but there always going to be grey areas. But I think in the broadest terms possible your upper arm/shoulder area can't give you that much control over the ball. Coaches aren't going to be having players do drills on it. But any rule you put in will have grey areas because football ain't a scientific sport.

Yes.

A bit like the offside rule was to stop goal hanging and these millimetre measures they now have are a ridiculous way to try and apply the rule.

On the handball again, I haven't seen yet if MotD did a more considered analysis but when the ball, at least in part, hits a short sleeved shirt, awarding handball becomes a very harsh and very debatable matter.

It's not relevant to the VAR / handball debate but Everton's performance didn't warrant them getting a free shot at goal from the spot. It would have been a soft penalty and a very lucky escape on their part had they scored from it.

part
I agree on the whole, but I also think kdb is the shining example of talent working hard who everyone at the club loves. I think he raises everyone else's game by 5%. But the hard work is what keeps him in the team imo
In that now famous interview Zinchenko slipped out what everybody fears, he said "you are past your peak". It could be correct but a player does not have to be at his peak to contribute to the team. It is a matter of getting the best out the player, especially from a hard working and nice guy like KDB.

Yes.

A bit like the offside rule was to stop goal hanging and these millimetre measures they now have are a ridiculous way to try and apply the rule.

On the handball again, I haven't seen yet if MotD did a more considered analysis but when the ball, at least in part, hits a short sleeved shirt, awarding handball becomes a very harsh and very debatable matter.

It's not relevant to the VAR / handball debate but Everton's performance didn't warrant them getting a free shot at goal from the spot. It would have been a soft penalty and a very lucky escape on their part had they scored from it.
Handball is a ridiculous rule anyway when it can be given from anywhere from the tips of your fingernails to bottom of a short sleeve.
If you can pick up the ball and carry it from where Rodri was supposed to have committed handball you’d have to be a contortionist.
Handball should be given if it is deliberately used to control the ball with your hand…end of

They only check for off-side if its handball. VAR said it wasnt handball so dont need to go back and check for any off side !
In cricket they check first to see if it was a no ball or not. If it’s a fair delivery they carry on, if not that‘s the end of it. Had they looked for offside first and found the diving Brazilian twat to be off then we wouldn’t have had all the moaning from the media.

boiling piss... i love it

the one thing it shows is the media are anti manchester city

The club has issued an official statement...

rodri-rodrigo.gif

We win, they lose.

200w.webp

Last edited:
Was he actually offside? He looked it in real time but it wasn’t mentioned again during commentary. They showed a still photo after the game with no lines drawn and it looked a lot tighter than I thought.
Yes, he was...and by today's VAR standard it was not even close...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.