Everton (a) post-match thread

Handball is a ridiculous rule anyway when it can be given from anywhere from the tips of your fingernails to bottom of a short sleeve.
If you can pick up the ball and carry it from where Rodri was supposed to have committed handball you’d have to be a contortionist.
Handball should be given if it is deliberately used to control the ball with your hand…end of

I've just watched MotD, who managed to make it look like Everton battered us in the first half.

Thier, mainly Shearer's assessment of the handball decision was as bumbling as it was indginant - all points to a handball...

They at least showed the view from behind the goal, which Sky did not; although the BBC did not freeze frame that best angle to decide from. I've attempted a few times to pause the play at the moment of contact and I have to say it is inconclusive as best I can tell and therefore VAR officials were actually correct not to overrule the on pitch decision.

It's not a clear handball, it's hard to tell how much, if any of the ball, touched skin.

Awful, awful match...on the back of another.

We need to get our attacking shit together. Train nothing but attack drills please pep for the next couple of months because i think we can do the whole passing sideways and backwards thing with our eyes closed at this point.

Kev crap, no midfield, forcing 3 cb's into the squad, etc etc etc...hopefully sporting will give us some much needed confidence back.
Stand down now ffs

I don't think Kev warrants a starting place?

He will always come up with a moment of class to remind us, goal against Chelsea, case in point.

But he's more liability than threat for a while now.

He doesn't have the type of fitness which allows him to get about the midfield and recover transitions, usually when he has lost the ball

I do think we have taken a backwards steps in terms of cohesion in the midfield not having Bernie and Foden playing in the engine room.

It becomes even more pronounced when them and Gundo are also being asked to play high, or at least naturally gravitating towards the attack end.

Kev is a big game player but I have felt for a while we may have already seen his peak, whilst all the time he will always give world class reminders.

He is the solution and also the cause at times, similar to how Toure was after his peak, teams know he won't/can't get back in.

We control the game better without Kev and Sterling.

When Ederson got booked for trying to take the free kick from the wrong place, why did he try that? He seemed after the card to rant at the linesman as if he’d been told that was where the offside happened i.e. Richarlison. Did that lino flag in line with that position? All seems a bit odd all this.

Anyhow, haha!

The sad truth, for me we are a better team without him, he was always a risk taking player, always looking to make eye of the needle passes, game changing passes and in most games he produced.

But sadly in the last two season, those game changing moment's are becoming rare and his fitness levels have diminished alarmingly.

There is going to be a big call to make very soon unless KDB pulls off a Lazarus.
Mark Twain.

While KDB was not his best, I’d say that went for at least 8 others, too.

It must be an awfully high bar that says KDB is not an automatic on the team sheet when fit…a bar numerous others could never rise above.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.