Everton (a) post-match thread

Mark Twain.

While KDB was not his best, I’d say that went for at least 8 others, too.

It must be an awfully high bar that says KDB is not an automatic on the team sheet when fit…a bar numerous others could never rise above.

its that bit of magic he can produce at any given moment that demands a starting place
yes his form has been patchy of late but so has many others.

the biggest thing is KDB wins us many games even if he does not score or finds a pass ? just having him in the team scares the others and they have to try and keep him out of the game by doubling up on him leaving spaces for others

The offside was after. VAR imo decided that the ref had not made a clear and obvious error. Had Rodri handled the ball in that manner with his forearm then they would deem that a handball but with the upper arm it's not an offence (see picture of FA rules website).

This could all have been cleared up had MOTD showed the graphic but instead Shearer chose to play to the Liverpool, Man Utd and Everton fan gallery. Normally MOTD are really good on such things.
The question for me is What should the decision be if the ball strikes 50% red and 50% green in the handball figure silhouette?

My usual morning after thoughts. Firstly, that really is a massive three points. A draw there would have been hugely deflating.

Secondly, it's another game where we were nowhere near fluent and we seemed slow in mind and movement, but maybe we now have to get used to the fact that grinding out a result is required against a lot of teams. We'll still steam-roller some odd teams I'm sure, but right now it's result over performance.

Thirdly, if that's the case then you need to keep calm and keep going....and we certainly kept going and kept going. Everton tired and eventually the mistake happens - and when it does you have to be ready to capitalise. Fair fucks then to Phil Foden! Mind and feet very much alive.

Fourthly, poor old Kev seemed so off his normal game yesterday. Can't remember the number of times he was caught in possession, which is very unusual.

Lastly....was it handball? In my humble opinion it was, but it was reviewed and wasn't given. So that's that, debate closed. And I didn't see the same level of discussion about Alexander-Arnold against us at Anfield a couple of seasons ago and his handball, which to be honest was even more blatant than Rodri's.....and they immediatey ran up the other end and scored, just to rub salt into the wound.

Anyway....3 points. Not brilliant but very, very crucial. Well done.

The club has issued an official statement...

rodri-rodrigo.gif

We win, they lose.

200w.webp
Pep made his own statement too

Kevin was quite poor last night, turning into traffic and needlessly giving the ball away. I love Gundo and i think he adds a nice pace to the game, but Kevin and KDB are a bit too similar and it causes an imbalance. Echoing what everyone else has been saying, Bernardo is wasted out wide or in the 9, i'd swap him with Kevin. Otherwise put Jesus or Mahrez on the right and Foden in the 9, go with KDB & Bernardo. It's just more balanced and proven.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.