Everton (a) post-match thread

Can't stress what a huge 3 points that was.

Huge pressure on the guys. Not just to respond after the spurs loss, which in itself had weight. But also the build-up of the talk around Liverpool, their form, in their hands again, etc etc. Add to that the sudden distraction of the world.going to shit, and the whole game has a whole new tone.

Particularly second half when despite nest efforts and quality, it looked nothing would go in.

Huge game to win, at the perfect time.

most accurate assessment so far. Is "deliberate" a crucial factor? There have been incidents which conflict with each other. His arms were in a natural position for someone maintaining balance and readiness to react; without a doubt the spin on the ball caused it to hit his upper arm instead of his chest. Was there two off-sides, one before and one after?
No, deliberate is not a factor. No such thing now as "accidental" handball, only technical questions about position of the arm and proximity (too close to avoid the ball).

The red pundits said that about the TAA handball at Anfield!

There are grey area of ever rule in the game and there has to be some consideration of the actual incident, did one player gain an advantage unfairly over another? If so it's a foul
Again, that's not in the laws.

Huge decision for us and could end up being pivotal. We could win the title and Everton could be relegated because of it.

Kevin was quite poor last night, turning into traffic and needlessly giving the ball away. I love Gundo and i think he adds a nice pace to the game, but Kevin and KDB are a bit too similar and it causes an imbalance. Echoing what everyone else has been saying, Bernardo is wasted out wide or in the 9, i'd swap him with Kevin. Otherwise put Jesus or Mahrez on the right and Foden in the 9, go with KDB & Bernardo. It's just more balanced and proven.
I'd have Kevin over KDB anyday. KDB’s lost his touch, whereas Kevin will still run 50yrds back to defend. KDB can still pull the odd wonder goal though so maybe its worth having both of them

I don't think Kev warrants a starting place?

He will always come up with a moment of class to remind us, goal against Chelsea, case in point.

But he's more liability than threat for a while now.

He doesn't have the type of fitness which allows him to get about the midfield and recover transitions, usually when he has lost the ball

I do think we have taken a backwards steps in terms of cohesion in the midfield not having Bernie and Foden playing in the engine room.

It becomes even more pronounced when them and Gundo are also being asked to play high, or at least naturally gravitating towards the attack end.

Kev is a big game player but I have felt for a while we may have already seen his peak, whilst all the time he will always give world class reminders.

He is the solution and also the cause at times, similar to how Toure was after his peak, teams know he won't/can't get back in.
We seem to have better balance and play more cohesive football when we have a midfield three of Bernie, Rodri and Gundogan.

When Kev plays, Bernie is asked to play a different role which makes him less effective.

I think Kev is regaining his fitness but his passing seems way off, the little through balls he is so good at are not coming off this season.

The good thing is that on his day he is the best midfielder in the world and that at any time he can produce a bit of magic resulting in a goal or cross that can win us any game. As long as he carries that threat and is fit, then Pep has shown that he will play him and the others have to adapt.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.