Everton (a) post-match thread

Have @Vic and @richardtheref commented? Both are qualified refs at some level unlike the rest of us.
So are all the cunts that ref us every week, they still get it wrong most of the time, so not sure what your point is!

No offence intended to Vic and richardtheref, who I'm sure are far more competent than their highly remunerated brethren.

Huge decision for us and could end up being pivotal. We could win the title and Everton could be relegated because of it.
Luckily for Everton there are another 42 points to play for, including against their immediate rivals, and I'd say 12 - 15 points will do it. If Everton go down it'll be nothing to do with us.

Huge decision for us and could end up being pivotal. We could win the title and Everton could be relegated because of it.
Epf2NqNXcAENjnt.jpg

My usual morning after thoughts. Firstly, that really is a massive three points. A draw there would have been hugely deflating.

Secondly, it's another game where we were nowhere near fluent and we seemed slow in mind and movement, but maybe we now have to get used to the fact that grinding out a result is required against a lot of teams. We'll still steam-roller some odd teams I'm sure, but right now it's result over performance.

Thirdly, if that's the case then you need to keep calm and keep going....and we certainly kept going and kept going. Everton tired and eventually the mistake happens - and when it does you have to be ready to capitalise. Fair fucks then to Phil Foden! Mind and feet very much alive.

Fourthly, poor old Kev seemed so off his normal game yesterday. Can't remember the number of times he was caught in possession, which is very unusual.

Lastly....was it handball? In my humble opinion it was, but it was reviewed and wasn't given. So that's that, debate closed. And I didn't see the same level of discussion about Alexander-Arnold against us at Anfield a couple of seasons ago and his handball, which to be honest was even more blatant than Rodri's.....and they immediatey ran up the other end and scored, just to rub salt into the wound.

Anyway....3 points. Not brilliant but very, very crucial. Well done.

yep

to get the 3 points and have something go our way with VAR and the officials will defo have a big knock on effect
we was feel sorry for ourselves. we looked just about ready to press the panic button because of the spurs game and now everton holding us and giving it their cup final performance of the season. then a bit of luck falls our way with the goal and then VAR to top it off

My 2p's worth, in itself it was a clear and obvious handball, no question and if it was the other end and not given this thread would be over 200 pages. However the ref and VAR came to disallow it doesn't really matter, the fact stands that in the initial attack the diving Brazilian was offside by a country mile going off today's VAR standards, if the linesman had flagged at that point Rodri could have caught the ball and thrown it forward for the freekick that should have been given, they didn't get to the right decision going off current rules but did get to the correct decision by a very bizarre roundabout route. No goal, no debate.

your right the handball if given would have meant VAR taking a look for offside because it was in the build up to the handball ? so it would take all the moaning away from the crying liverpool scum loving media saying they have been cheated ?? that's why they left it in as NO handball. because they knew it would make good debate for the media

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.