Everton (a) post-match thread

I think that's what I've done haven't I? There will be weeks we don't perform to our highest levels but it's not because we are prioritising one competition over another but because Pep, like he has every season since he's been here, will try and win everything we enter. Sometimes we will get beat. That's football, not us preferring the CL over the Prem.
I still think Pep’s team selections are with an eye on the CL.

I do, but not as a priority. He needs to juggle the squad and unfortunately it'll result in the odd hiccup but I'd still prefer that scenario than trying to do a Klopp and run the same 11 into the ground by March/April.

I think these games are looking like cup final performances of the year as we are just not playing very well currently.

maybe ?

the form has dipped but teams know we don't have a couple 20 goals a season strikers and defend deep because nobody is leading the line or playing off the last man. but defending teams are finding better ways to play us and try and hit us on the break

I do, but not as a priority. He needs to juggle the squad and unfortunately it'll result in the odd hiccup but I'd still prefer that scenario than trying to do a Klopp and run the same 11 into the ground by March/April.
I think we need to see who has the most trophies at the end of the season to make that claim.

His selections are with an eye on all competitions we are in not one over another. A balancing act he does better than anyone else, hence why we are top, and have seasons with multiple trophies not just one.

I think we need to see who has the most trophies at the end of the season to make that claim.
Or we can go off the last 5 years? Enjoy your evening, mate. Think we've both gave our opinions now and you're adamant we prioritise the CL and I'm not. No biggie.

His selections are with an eye on all competitions we are in not one over another. A balancing act he does better than anyone else, hence why we are top, and have seasons with multiple trophies not just one.
Agreed, as that had been the case no arguments from me. However, think this season there is more focus on the CL.

Or we can go off the last 5 years? Enjoy your evening, mate. Think we've both gave our opinions now and you're adamant we prioritise the CL and I'm not. No biggie.
All about opinions else we wouldn’t have a forum. All the best and have a good evening.

Agreed, as that had been the case no arguments from me. However, think this season there is more focus on the CL.
Based on what, which players are we saving for c/l ?, if it was our main focus we wouldn’t be on 66 points with only dropping 5 points since October. We be floundering with Chelsea if we were focusing on a different competition.

Based on what, which players are we saving for c/l ?, if it was our main focus we wouldn’t be on 66 points with only dropping 5 points since October. We be floundering with Chelsea if we were focusing on a different competition.
More subtle than that. Trying out different tactics during PL matches for the CL. All with the plan to win both.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.