Everton (a) post-match thread

Our best midfield this season is Bernardo, De Bruyne and Rodri. De Bruyne isn’t the only one of those 3 who drops in from when Gundogan is shoehorned in.

I would argue when Foden is one of the three, rather than the false nine, it is the best combo.

De Bruyne should be nowhere near that midfield and in the false nine.

I am slightly alarmed at the opposition getting their striker to press Rodri. We seem to lose composure when the opposition does this and some of our passing yesterday was very loose between rodri and the centre backs and Cancelo. It was the same against Spuds.
I would play Stones at centre back as he has the ability to bring the ball out of defence
Pep also needs to decide two out of the three of Bernie, kev or the gundog.

Chelsea also got Lukaku to man mark Rodri and it was very effective until the game wore on.

yep

to get the 3 points and have something go our way with VAR and the officials will defo have a big knock on effect
we was feel sorry for ourselves. we looked just about ready to press the panic button because of the spurs game and now everton holding us and giving it their cup final performance of the season. then a bit of luck falls our way with the goal and then VAR to top it off
I think these games are looking like cup final performances of the year as we are just not playing very well currently.

What is the rule on handball in the red and green zones?

is it handball if the ball hits 1% of the red zone, or does it need to be 100% in that zone?

View attachment 37420
VAR decided it was unfair on Rodri as he has long arms compared to e.g. Foden so he has more arm for the ball to hit. No pen. I hope next season Puma give us longer sleeve lengths.

I would argue when Foden is one of the three, rather than the false nine, it is the best combo.

De Bruyne should be nowhere near that midfield and in the false nine.

Most of our best performances this season are with De Bruyne in the team and with that midfield. It’s the perfect balance.

Rodri snuff things out and plays out from the back.

Bernardo runs forever carrying the ball & linking play.

De Bruyne takes players out of the game giving space to others, plays key passes and dictates attacks.

Foden has barely played in midfield all season and was at his best wide left.

You missed the point. The tactical tweaks,is about Pep planning for the CL. Not saying we are not trying to win both. Look at the bigger picture.
I think that's what I've done haven't I? There will be weeks we don't perform to our highest levels but it's not because we are prioritising one competition over another but because Pep, like he has every season since he's been here, will try and win everything we enter. Sometimes we will get beat. That's football, not us preferring the CL over the Prem.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.