Everton (a) post-match thread

Most of our best performances this season are with De Bruyne in the team and with that midfield. It’s the perfect balance.

Rodri snuff things out and plays out from the back.

Bernardo runs forever carrying the ball & linking play.

De Bruyne takes players out of the game giving space to others, plays key passes and dictates attacks.

Foden has barely played in midfield all season and was at his best wide left.
Foden has almost never played in midfield. The one time I can remember is away to Leeds 1-1 and he was all over the place, admittedly he was less developed a player then.

He has never been a replacement for David Silva despite us saying that for years - has effectively been Sane’s left wing replacement

Looks off but the ball has already left the players boot on that frame, so who knows?
He looked even more offside before.

Now what would be nice would be a TV prog that actually tried to settle an issue where Pep said it was offside and Lampard said it wasn't.

My 2p's worth, in itself it was a clear and obvious handball, no question and if it was the other end and not given this thread would be over 200 pages. However the ref and VAR came to disallow it doesn't really matter, the fact stands that in the initial attack the diving Brazilian was offside by a country mile going off today's VAR standards, if the linesman had flagged at that point Rodri could have caught the ball and thrown it forward for the freekick that should have been given, they didn't get to the right decision going off current rules but did get to the correct decision by a very bizarre roundabout route. No goal, no debate.
Does anyone have a good photo still of the moment Richarlison is played through? I thought it was touch and go....would love to see a definitive angle.

That's why no penalty the ref signaled for offside on the restart
No mate....not true. Not giving the penalty had nothing to do with whether Richarlison was onside or offside when he was played in and Eddie saved. I posted this in the media thread earlier:

"Not sure if someone else has posted later in this thread about this as I'm still catching up!...apologies if so....but....as I understand it, play carried on AFTER the potential handball incident until there was a natural break in play for an Everton offside - if you look, the ball does not go out of play after Rodri kicks it away. The offside which was whistled and play stopped for was not the Richarlison offside before the incident.

When the break in play happened, at that point VAR takes a look at Rodri and deems it is not a penalty. If VAR had said it was a penalty, the next thing VAR would have looked at would be the potential Richarlison offside as the ball i s played through and Eddie makes the save. The decision not to give a penalty meant the Richarlison offside was never looked at, because there was no reason to then check it. Play then carries on until the next natural break. The offside that the ref eventually stops the game with is totally different and occurred after the potential handball.

Hopefully that makes sense."

No mate....not true. Not giving the penalty had nothing to do with whether Richarlison was onside or offside when he was played in and Eddie saved. I posted this in the media thread earlier:

"Not sure if someone else has posted later in this thread about this as I'm still catching up!...apologies if so....but....as I understand it, play carried on AFTER the potential handball incident until there was a natural break in play for an Everton offside - if you look, the ball does not go out of play after Rodri kicks it away. The offside which was whistled and play stopped for was not the Richarlison offside before the incident.

When the break in play happened, at that point VAR takes a look at Rodri and deems it is not a penalty. If VAR had said it was a penalty, the next thing VAR would have looked at would be the potential Richarlison offside as the ball i s played through and Eddie makes the save. The decision not to give a penalty meant the Richarlison offside was never looked at, because there was no reason to then check it. Play then carries on until the next natural break. The offside that the ref eventually stops the game with is totally different and occurred after the potential handball.

Hopefully that makes sense."
That hurt my head reading that.
VAR deemed It was not a penalty because there was an offside in the build up to the handball. simple.

That hurt my head reading that.
VAR deemed It was not a penalty because there was an offside in the build up to the handball. simple.
But that’s not what happened. VAR decided it wasn’t a handball. The possible offside in the build up was never checked.

Pep knows better than me, but a number of times yesterday at dead balls KDB and Phil were over the ball, corners and free kicks. I appreciate it give the defence something to think about facing two geniuses, but it also seem a waste of one extremely creative player when they could be playing an active role closer to goal.

The element of surprise is often taken away as whoever places the ball as they are more likely to take it as they have had a feel of where it is.

Anyway Trust in Pep, we won.

I don't think Kev warrants a starting place?

He will always come up with a moment of class to remind us, goal against Chelsea, case in point.

But he's more liability than threat for a while now.

He doesn't have the type of fitness which allows him to get about the midfield and recover transitions, usually when he has lost the ball

I do think we have taken a backwards steps in terms of cohesion in the midfield not having Bernie and Foden playing in the engine room.

It becomes even more pronounced when them and Gundo are also being asked to play high, or at least naturally gravitating towards the attack end.

Kev is a big game player but I have felt for a while we may have already seen his peak, whilst all the time he will always give world class reminders.

He is the solution and also the cause at times, similar to how Toure was after his peak, teams know he won't/can't get back in.
100% correct, I think he played way to much last year & his Champions League injury followed by the bullshit in the Euros where he was nowhere near fit then add 2 bouts of covid its just caught up with him

If he rested properly & trained hard through the summer I still see a class act for another season before he becomes super sub

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.