Everton (a) post-match thread

Please can anyone be kind enough to share the video - the incident from the uncalled offside to the handball. Thanks.

Didn't some media people say the VAR people admitted after the match that they had gotten this wrong? I would be surprised as they know the rules better than anyone and they had plenty of time to review it properly. Anyone actually seen this "mea culpa"? Or is it just media bollocks?

Enough to make you want them to get relegated by a point, so they can say: “If we’d have given this penalty we’d have had a (insert percentage of Everton penalties converted in last minutes of a home game when 1-0 down against a top-level keeper) chance of beating the drop: the other 37 matches didn’t matter”

Yep... but if the pen was given, the second review would have been for the offside

They only review offsides if they lead to a goal or a pen, so there was no need to review it as the pen wasn't awarded
just heard
VAR decided no pen ( nailed on pen IMHO) but thats VAR for you not first wrong decision they've given

but as for offside in build up Too far back in play what im hearing ;)

and im glad he was guaranteed to score the penalty remind me to put mortgage on him scoring next one

It’s in quotes to simplify what I was talking about. Let’s not play dumb.

####

Ifab Law 12: Fouls and misconduct

Handling the ball:

For the purposes of determining handball offences, the upper boundary of the arm is in line with the bottom of the armpit.
My edit: This is being commonly referred to as the T-Shirt line.

It is an offence if a player:

- deliberately touches the ball with their hand/arm, including moving the hand/arm towards the ball

- scores in the opponents’ goal directly from their hand/arm, even if accidental, including by the goalkeeper

- after the ball has touched their or a team-mate’s hand/arm, even if accidental, immediately:

— scores in the opponents’ goal
— creates a goal-scoring opportunity
— touches the ball with their hand/arm when:
. the hand/arm has made their body unnaturally bigger
. the hand/arm is above/beyond their shoulder level (unless the player deliberately plays the ball which then touches their hand/arm)

The above offences apply even if the ball touches a player’s hand/arm directly from the head or body (including the foot) of another player who is close.

Except for the above offences, it is not an offence if the ball touches a player’s hand/arm:

- directly from the player’s own head or body (including the foot)
- directly from the head or body (including the foot) of another player who is close
- if the hand/arm is close to the body and does not make the body unnaturally bigger.

####

A picture, with green and red zones was posted earlier.

I hope that is sufficient clarification?
It's not "playing dumb". Most T shirt sleeves are below armpit level, some nearer elbow than armpit, so it's a distinctly unhelpful "simplification".

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.