Everton (a) post-match thread

Everton are apparently “incandescent” …

Put aside the arguments of whether it was or wasn’t a handball, and imagine as a football club having to rely on another team accidentally handling the ball… under no pressure, to no advantage, and at no disadvantage to your own club… how embarrassing

We saw Everton’s true colours during Covid, and we saw them again on Saturday when they spent most of the afternoon diving and wasting time. Now that’s what I call foul play

Everton demanding an apology for the Rodri incident. Who would have thought.
Why an apology ? If they'd asked for a review and clarification as to whether the correct decision was reached or not then that's up to them but an apology presupposes that they were entitled to be awarded a penalty kick.

To settle an argument, I've looked at the full handball incident again from start to finish, paused it, played it in slow motion etc

I now think that the ref gave a free kick for offside in the follow up play after the ball was cleared. The left back was flagged offside (even though he wasn't). This is kind of confirmed by where the free kick was taken from, with the ref making Eddie move it back twice

However I'm 90% sure Richarlison was offside. If the pen was awarded (and that's a big IF) I suspect that VAR would have then gone back to look at the offside and the pen would have been overturned
That’s my interpretation too, although it was a penalty, but probably negated by the offside before, had it got that far.

Everton are apparently “incandescent” …

Put aside the arguments of whether it was or wasn’t a handball, and imagine as a football club having to rely on another team accidentally handling the ball… under no pressure, to no advantage, and at no disadvantage to your own club… how embarrassing

We saw Everton’s true colours during Covid, and we saw them again on Saturday when they spent most of the afternoon diving and wasting time. Now that’s what I call foul play
We’d be seething if it were the other way around though.

To settle an argument, I've looked at the full handball incident again from start to finish, paused it, played it in slow motion etc

I now think that the ref gave a free kick for offside in the follow up play after the ball was cleared. The left back was flagged offside (even though he wasn't). This is kind of confirmed by where the free kick was taken from, with the ref making Eddie move it back twice

However I'm 90% sure Richarlison was offside. If the pen was awarded (and that's a big IF) I suspect that VAR would have then gone back to look at the offside and the pen would have been overturned
Storm in a tea cup because as you sat Richarlison is in an offside position in rhe build-up. Not flagged for but VAR would have seen it.

MOTD could have analysed this properly but they did not bother

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.