Everton (a) post-match thread

Sorry mate , been away not read full thread just catching up. But I think it's only common sense. Is that how you see it? Mind you where does common sense come in.
Not sure they are comparable. One is confirmed by Hawkeye technology and the other isn’t.

None of us seem to know the ruling. It seems close to Umpire’s call in cricket, but no one knows the ruling and no one has even asked!

Don’t know is that when it hit, just before just after. We don’t know the view VAR used, but if they had a clear and obvious view of a clear handball, why do you think they decided not to send Tierney to the monitor?
I assume their wasn’t a definitive view to show him.
I guess you are right in your last sentence. I think the front on is “inconclusive” and the back one looks like handball, but you can’t see everything.

I think we also benefitted as VAR tries to deem the referee correct if they possibly can.

So the sleeve thing? Like goal-line tech, does the whole of the ball need to be below, or above, the "line"? The centre of the ball? I'm sure this has already been discussed, though can't be arsed scrolling through the whole thread...

I think it should apply from the elbow down, if you think about it, very difficult to get any purchase with any part of the arm above the elbow.
It just needs clarifying, doesn’t it?

It’s either a blatant handball because 1% of the ball hit the red zone or blatantly not because 1% hit the green zone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.