Laporte

Lewis
Rodri 60-70 min, then Gundo
Bernie

Mahrez
Alvarez
Foden

Haaland

Gundo, KDB, Grealish, Walker, Stones from the bench if necessary.

Ederson
Walker Dias Akanji
Stones Rodri
Bernardo/Foden Alvarez Foden/Bernardo Grealish
Haaland

De Bruyne and Gundogan will be rested here IMO - they need it, having played 90 minutes twice in 4 days. Both looked leggy last night and will be crucial if we want to beat them next week. Alvarez and Foden come in. Other than that, minimal disruption - this would be such a big win.

Everton showed against Brighton how dangerous they can be in transition - 22% possession, less than half the shots of their opponent, and yet 5 goals from only 5 shots on target (albeit one was an OG). Rather than having Stones come into midfield, he could play with Bernardo sitting next to Rodri and Walker pushing up on the right hand side in possession, more like this:

Ederson
Stones Dias Akanji
Walker Rodri Bernardo Grealish
Alvarez Foden
Haaland

You can also make the argument for Mahrez, but I'd worry about how vulnerable we'd be defensively with him out wide on the right. McNeil is their biggest threat and Mykolenko will look to overlap when they counter, so I'd want either Bernardo or Walker tracking him.

Walker can't play in this one. We need him for Vinicius and with all due respect to McNeil and Mykolenko it's not quite Vinicius and Camavinga.

I'd be surprised if Everton threw many forwards. If I was Dyche I'd be looking to play on the counter but without committing too many forwards. Calvert-Lewin, McNeil, Iwobi and Doucoure at most. Try and win fouls in the final third then waste some time and throw balls into the box. Win corners, win throw ins etc. Otherwise stays defensive and play for the clean sheet.

A draw in this is huge for them after the win last weekend and their remaining games. I thought the win against Brighton was positive, but actually it means they can play the most negative game of their lives on Sunday. There's no need for them to attack at all.

An early goal to open them up will be vital...and I could be wrong. Maybe they'll go gung-ho for 3pts not worrying too much if they lose it and see it as a freebie. But knowing Dyche I doubt it!

The Arse will definitely get 9 points as they have no distractions. We still have to visit Brentford & Brighton so we need to get 3 points on Sunday.
Disagree. Arsenal put in their first decent performance for a while at Newcastle when the pressure was off. If we don’t win against Everton suddenly the expectation is back and we’ve seen what they’re like under those circumstances. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not a theory I’d like to test. If we win, yeah they’ll close out the season three wins. If we lose, their collywobbles will return, and we’ll have tough fixtures. Throw the cards in the air time, but I’d still back us just based on experience.

My first trip to Goodison. Sorry if it’s already been asked, but what’s the best boozer for Blues before the game?

Definitely rest Walker, one of Stones/Dias (most likely Stones), KDB, Gundogan and Grealish. I would play Bernardo because I think he won't play the 2nd leg, and maybe Haaland could start.

Ederson
Lewis Dias/Stones Laporte Akanji
Rodri
Bernardo Alvarez
Mahrez Haaland Foden

The more i think about this game the more im thinking we might have to take a calculated risk,a bit of a pinch.....use the squad.

---------Ederson----------
Lewis-Akanji-Laporte-Gomez
----------Philips-------
------Bernie---Foden----
Mahrez--Haaland--Alvarez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.