Everton (A) - Sun 14th May, 14:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The more i think about this game the more im thinking we might have to take a calculated risk,a bit of a pinch.....use the squad.

---------Ederson----------
Lewis-Akanji-Laporte-Gomez
----------Philips-------
------Bernie---Foden----
Mahrez--Haaland--Alvarez
The thought of Phillips starting makes me cringe but Rodri does need a rest, Gomez worries me also.
In saying all that, why have these players at the club if we arent going to use them

Concerns me too,but im of the same thinking regarding the squad and the Real game has to take priority.
Can't agree mate, if we start prioritising games too much we'll come unstuck and lose tge lot.
Pep sees prem as main target so I think he'll go strong to start and get it done (hopefully).
Players will run on adrenaline from tge crowd Wednesday.

Can't agree mate, if we start prioritising games too much we'll come unstuck and lose tge lot.
Pep sees prem as main target so I think he'll go strong to start and get it done (hopefully).
Players will run on adrenaline from tge crowd Wednesday.

I'll go with whatever the boss thinks on this one,but i want the CL more than anything and we have wriggle room in the league.

Everton fans at work already starting the bullshit saying it’s more important to us staying up than you winning the league again. Everton will take points off City blah blah.

At this point in the season, I think for every team, it comes down to "what do we have to play for?". Everton have alot to play for. Chelsea, Brentford and Brighton don't have anything to play for. Mid table. Only a desperation chance for Brighton to make European play. But Everton did themselves a HUGE favor in winning on Monday. That takes pressure off them. One more win and they are likely safe. They have Wolves away and Bournemouth home after us.

If we look at who is below them, Leicester have a way tougher road ahead of them (Livarpool, Newcastle and West Ham). Its not any easier for Leeds. Looking above Everton, Forest also have a really tough 3 games in front of them (Chelsea, Arsenal and Palace). So - what do Everton have to play for? Alot. But the road is easier for them if they drop against us.

As far as resting players - Grealish and Bernardo should def sit. Foden and Mahrez start. But then it gets more difficult. Rodri should be doing ice baths and cryonics to preserve him! His trainings should be recovery based because there is no one on the squad to replace him. Gundogan, Dias and Walker should also sit. Alvarez Laporte and Lewis should go in for them. So my lineup would be:

Ederson
Lewis Stones Akanji Laporte
Rodri Alvarez KDB (only 45 min dependent on score)
Mahrez Foden
Haaland

We get 2-3 goals in first 60 min, get KDB Rodri and Haaland off.

You do realise we can drop 4 points and still win the league on gd. That's assuming arsenal are perfect.
Yes, I do realise that.

You do realise that if we lose on Sunday and arsenal win then we have zero margin for error going into 3 league games in a week with 2 extremely tricky away games?

Win Sunday and it's pretty much done, fail to win combined with an arsenal win leaves us under pressure. Potentially a 6 point swing at this stage of the season is a big deal, whatever way it might go. It's not really that difficult a concept to comprehend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.