Everton (A) - Sun 14th May, 14:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone else remember the f.a.cup game there in 1981?

getting off the special at lime street station was a nightmare.
the coppers forced us all to wait at the end of the platform against some sort of high fence,
on the other side of which were both everton and bindippers.
together, side by side, spitting through the fence at us.

then we were marched on foot to the ground, no buses.
one copper dismounted from his horse, took me to one side,
battered me & told me exactly what he thought of mancs.
i was 16 years old, but looked more like 14.

the scenes after power got the second equaliser made it all worthwhile.

Yes, I remember a nice, quiet and peaceful visit!! It was complete mayhem after the game. Ended up walking back to New Street; a scary experience for a 16 year old. It was carnage at Lime Street too!

Superb video. Mayhem in the away end and Powers celebration was brilliant. They were some of the best times to be a fan. Must’ve been fantastic to be there. Be interesting to hear other fan’s experiences that day.
My dad went to that. Took me to the semi at Villa and the final. Good memories. Wish he had been here to see this last 12 years. He had the good times in the 60’s/70’s though.

very difficult game in a very difficult ground...

Players will be tired....not wanting to get injured for the second leg vs Madrid...

Will Pep rotate....if he does (which he is entitled to do and you could understand it) we may struggle.

We havent got the depth of squad that pundits and opposite fans think we have......we cannot replace Rodri for instance.....or KDB ...and certainly not Haaland..the balance of the team isnt there

Ca we risk playing Phillips in this game...i just dont think we can

Strongest team possible , Goodison Park with them fighting relegation is not the time or place to rest our big players , although i doubt Pep will agree , i suspect Ederson ,Walker , Dias , Stones ,KDB will all be on the bench , but we do not have an adequate replacement for Rodri or Haaland.
The creative part of our team has alternatives and our defence also has strength in depth but i cant imagine playing at Goodison without Rodri unfortunate but he has to play the next two big games .

The more i think about this game the more im thinking we might have to take a calculated risk,a bit of a pinch.....use the squad.

---------Ederson----------
Lewis-Akanji-Laporte-Gomez
----------Philips-------
------Bernie---Foden----
Mahrez--Haaland--Alvarez
This would be my team as well, especially having watched the AC Milan - Inter Milan game. This can potentially be the easiest CL final in years, so we MUST beat Madrid at all cost, and we cannot underestimate them just because we got a draw away. Even if we lose to Everton, we are still in pole position to win the league. Having said that, Gomez did well in the FA Cup Semi-Final, Lewis played well against Leeds, and Kalvin Philips was good enough for Southgate to start against Italy away, and the team won. We must take a calculated risk here. Any argument about 4 days rest doesn't add up because the lads would only have 2-3 days to rest before Madrid, and the likes of Rodri, Walker, KDB, etc. all worked their asses off on Tuesday. Madrid will rest their entire team on Saturday, and make no mistake, it will be a game of small margins against them next week...

Last edited:
Superb video. Mayhem in the away end and Powers celebration was brilliant. They were some of the best times to be a fan. Must’ve been fantastic to be there. Be interesting to hear other fan’s experiences that day.
I remember it being very (very) lively after the match when both sets of supporters met coming out
Fkin mayhem it was very

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.