Everton (A) - Sun 14th May, 14:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Having got a draw at Real Madrid, I can’t see us slipping up here, it might have been different if we were behind after the first leg though. I know Everton stormed to a huge victory at Brighton but if we manage the game we can win this and still have a strong chance to get to the Champions League Final. It seems that since early March, the next three games in all competitions will be season-defining. Only six or hopefully seven to go now.

I really don't understand this Phillips situation.

He was obviously injured when we bought him so that was strange, but we must've known, but we let Lavia go after we signed him.
But why, since he's been fit, he hasn't really featured at all, even against teams like Sheff Utd is baffling, yet he's deemed good enough to play for England in Italy...it doesn't make sense to me!

It's obviously down to Pep, but he was bought for a reason and he's fit and available, so why not play him?
It's a game of football against a team fighting relegation, he should be able to handle that and i thought he was bought to play in exactly these type of games?
I agree in that it must be down to Pep. I think he must be really struggling to adapt to get anywhere near what is required for that role. It's a shame because Rodders neads rotating.

I really don't understand this Phillips situation.

He was obviously injured when we bought him so that was strange, but we must've known, but we let Lavia go after we signed him.
But why, since he's been fit, he hasn't really featured at all, even against teams like Sheff Utd is baffling, yet he's deemed good enough to play for England in Italy...it doesn't make sense to me!

It's obviously down to Pep, but he was bought for a reason and he's fit and available, so why not play him?
It's a game of football against a team fighting relegation, he should be able to handle that and i thought he was bought to play in exactly these type of games?
I couldn’t have put it any better.

England International cannot cope with playing against Everton? BM full of “we can’t risk him“ like he’s an 18 year old from the academy making his debut.

I‘d rather risk Phillips than Rodri getting injured or tired.

We have beaten Everton the last 6 meetings and they are fighting relegation for a reason. I don’t want our first 11 kicked to bits or knackered just before one of the most important games in our history.

I agree in that it must be down to Pep. I think he must be really struggling to adapt to get anywhere near what is required for that role. It's a shame because Rodders neads rotating.

We've managed to rest Rodri by playing Gundo in the holding role. It works for certain opposition but as seen on Saturday, if a team starts punting long he's not a patch on Rodri physically or aerially and it can leave us exposed.

I don't think we need a huge rest for this one though. The players are used to playing regularly and in Madrid it was fucking hot that's why they were tired. We ran about 12km less as a team than we did at home to Bayern. It was a game of chess rather than a physical test up and down the pitch. Mentally is where fatigue hits at this stage, and we can manage that by breaking the challenge down.

We beat Arsenal. We then went and won the Fulham, West Ham, Leeds games in that week. Real away done. Now it's Everton, Real and Chelsea. That's the next target.

I hope Pep makes changes for Wednesday though. I think we can still beat Everton, I want us to win the prem but personally I want that CL more than anything. That's the one for me. We have to try and make the most of this opportunity. A final against Milan or Inter, both with inconsistent seasons so far. Milan would be the preference personally but we should beat either and we have to make sure we qualify on Wednesday even if the whole 11 need resting.

Lose against Everton = still favourites for the PL title

Lose against Madrid = out

It’s possible to manage the squad and win both but if there are sacrifices to be made it’s vs Everton.
Yep i agree and i don't think Everton will be as desperate now, after their result Monday.

Whoever we put out is more than capable of winning there and some of our expected team; Foden, Mahrez, Alvarez & Laporte, will all be auditioning for starting places on Wednesday too, so i think we'll be well up for it!

We've managed to rest Rodri by playing Gundo in the holding role. It works for certain opposition but as seen on Saturday, if a team starts punting long he's not a patch on Rodri physically or aerially and it can leave us exposed.

I don't think we need a huge rest for this one though. The players are used to playing regularly and in Madrid it was fucking hot that's why they were tired. We ran about 12km less as a team than we did at home to Bayern. It was a game of chess rather than a physical test up and down the pitch. Mentally is where fatigue hits at this stage, and we can manage that by breaking the challenge down.

We beat Arsenal. We then went and won the Fulham, West Ham, Leeds games in that week. Real away done. Now it's Everton, Real and Chelsea. That's the next target.

I hope Pep makes changes for Wednesday though. I think we can still beat Everton, I want us to win the prem but personally I want that CL more than anything. That's the one for me. We have to try and make the most of this opportunity. A final against Milan or Inter, both with inconsistent seasons so far. Milan would be the preference personally but we should beat either and we have to make sure we qualify on Wednesday even if the whole 11 need resting.
I think the next 2 games are huge, no doubt. We need to win on Weds by whatever means necessary. On Sunday I think tempo will be key.

Pundits make out Goodison is a fortress, they have lost 9 games at home with only 5 wins this season and their form wasnt much better last year either. They have been down at the bottom for the past 2 seasons for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.