Everton (A) - Sun 14th May, 14:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think there will be 1-2 changes max from the RM game.

Strong team, win, put the pressure on Arsenal.

I think you're right.
Pep's comment about anyone feeling tired, they've only got to put their hand up, and they'll be “rested” sounded grim, and almost military. Love him for it.
You're in for the three biggest trophies a player can win at club level. Are you in or are you out? Players find unknown reserves of energy in such circumstances. The rags did in 1999, and they had an inferior team to this one, far less canny about keeping the ball and energy conservation than this one. There'll be maybe a couple of changes. Foden in for Grealish? Álvarez in for Håland — maybe? Although I think Erling just wants to be in everything at present. Rodri and Gundo have got to report for duty, I'm afraid. Unless Rico comes in for one or the other. Which I doubt, somehow.

Original thought was this:
-------------Ederson
Lewis---Dias---Laporte---Akanji
-----------Rodri---Bernardo
Mahrez-------Alvarez------Foden
--------------Haaland

Given it now feels like they've had a lot of rest. I can now see this:
-------------Ederson
Lewis---Stones---Dias---Akanji
---------------Rodri
-----De Bruyne---Alvarez
Mahrez-----Haaland-----Foden

I think Gundo and Bernardo looked the most tired versus Madrid and Walker needs to be ready for Round 2.

Grealish is an easy rotation because Foden is class as well.

The number of people saying Rodri won’t start is unbelievable. He will start, and he will only leave the pitch when the game is (hopefully) well and truly won. Possibly the most important member of the team, with amazing energy, stamina and mentality
In terms of importance to the team I agee with you, but I think he should be rested against Everton. He has played a lot of games this season and we need Rodri to be totally rested and ready for Madrid. We should be able to cope without Rodders against Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.