Everton (A) - Sun 14th May, 14:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, percentages are pretty reasonable.

Mahrez, Foden and Alvarez have scored much more goals than Grealish, Bernie and KDB this season. It's not like they aren't brilliant players. For instance, Alvarez was our best player at Fulham and the likes of Foden and Mahrez can be on their day as good as Grealish and Bernie, or even better. It's not like we are replacing Grealish and KDB with youngsters...
I’d say you are pretty much right there; 77% at full strength on 538

Guess we have planned lineups for Real and even Chelsea. One game at a time is a great principle, but it's also professional to manage the squad so that we are in top condition for the next games.

Given we had several high quality players on the bench vs Real, we'll have to use them. Not only because they are fresh both physically and mentally, but because they should feel like genuine members of the first team. Otherwise, they won't be ready when we need them due to lack of rhythm, plus squad harmony may suffer. This holds particularly of Foden, Mahrez and Alvarez, and to a lesser extent of Laporte and Lewis.

Read yesterday about the Leeds quest for the Treble in 69/70. They fell apart in the last 6 weeks due to injuries and fatigue. Rotation is vital: to not run in the ground the star players, to keep the squad players in form and motivated, to maintain squad harmony, etc.
And we have a fully fit squad…madness not to use it.

The PL might be poster’s priority but for the club its the CL and always will be until we win it.

I don’t think we’ll see that many changes. Pep will want the height and strength of the likes of Rodri, Dias, Stones and the commanding presence of Ederson.

I think we could see

Akanji
Dias
Laporte

Stones
Rodri

Mahrez
Foden

Alvarez
Haaland.
You only have 9 there. I'd hope we would want to play with 11.

Guess we have planned lineups for Real and even Chelsea. One game at a time is a great principle, but it's also professional to manage the squad so that we are in top condition for the next games.

Given we had several high quality players on the bench vs Real, we'll have to use them. Not only because they are fresh both physically and mentally, but because they should feel like genuine members of the first team. Otherwise, they won't be ready when we need them due to lack of rhythm, plus squad harmony may suffer. This holds particularly of Foden, Mahrez and Alvarez, and to a lesser extent of Laporte and Lewis.

Read yesterday about the Leeds quest for the Treble in 69/70. They fell apart in the last 6 weeks due to injuries and fatigue. Rotation is vital: to not run in the ground the star players, to keep the squad players in form and motivated, to maintain squad harmony, etc.
Totally agree and that’s what Pep has been doing since the start of the season, firstly playing them into form, not utilising the off-season for friendlies, all in the understanding that they will be there or thereabouts at this point of the season.

To get us in this position has taken a lot of work behind the scenes, we have to be confident that Pep has a plan to take us to the end.

No, percentages are pretty reasonable.

Mahrez, Foden and Alvarez have scored much more goals than Grealish, Bernie and KDB this season. It's not like they aren't brilliant players. For instance, Alvarez was our best player at Fulham and the likes of Foden and Mahrez can be on their day as good as Grealish and Bernie, or even better. It's not like we are replacing Grealish and KDB with youngsters...

Bernie does a certain job at RW. Mahrez does a different one. Foden is always a goal threat. As is Alvarez. Everton will play direct. Any throw in, free kick or general play it will go forwards quickly and then they'll get into a defensive shape.

We should control possession. We need to be smart to the counter which is why I would start Rodri. Then it's about quick passing and moving and people willing to shoot. The changes up top help in that regard.

I'd wrap Walker up. Other than that most can manage because they've rested recently. Pep has known the turnaround for a while. We rested against Leeds in anticipation and I'm sure he will be bold with changes tomorrow.

Arteta's comments were interesting. I think he sees tomorrow as the game we could slip up in and Brighton as their opportunity to go top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.