Everton (A) - Sun 14th May, 14:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
One game at a time, the next one is always the most important. That’s Pep’s philosophy and I trust he will treat Everton in the same manner.

One game at a time, the next one is always the most important. That’s Pep’s philosophy and I trust he will treat Everton in the same manner.

Guess we have planned lineups for Real and even Chelsea. One game at a time is a great principle, but it's also professional to manage the squad so that we are in top condition for the next games.

Given we had several high quality players on the bench vs Real, we'll have to use them. Not only because they are fresh both physically and mentally, but because they should feel like genuine members of the first team. Otherwise, they won't be ready when we need them due to lack of rhythm, plus squad harmony may suffer. This holds particularly of Foden, Mahrez and Alvarez, and to a lesser extent of Laporte and Lewis.

Read yesterday about the Leeds quest for the Treble in 69/70. They fell apart in the last 6 weeks due to injuries and fatigue. Rotation is vital: to not run in the ground the star players, to keep the squad players in form and motivated, to maintain squad harmony, etc.

The master losing the title to the apprentice is unthinkable imo and i reckon goes stronger than some think as the league is always the top priority! I would also like to NOT go to the last game of the season to have to win against Brentford!
Not the ideal scenario having to win at Brentford, but I would still fancy this team to get the 3 points when it matters if required.

I don’t think we’ll see that many changes. Pep will want the height and strength of the likes of Rodri, Dias, Stones and the commanding presence of Ederson.

I think we could see

Akanji
Dias
Laporte

Stones
Rodri

Mahrez
Foden

Alvarez
Haaland.

Nervous for this one. They’re shite but they’re coming off the back of a big result, at home and fighting for their lives. It doesn’t take much for their fans to get on their back, though, so we need to use that to our advantage.

Ederson

Walker
Stones
Dias
Akanji

Bernie
Rodri
Kev

Foden
Haaland
Grealish

Ok we’re in the business end of the season. The squad have potentially 7 more games to make history. That should fire everyone up for each of the remaining games.
We have a bit of wiggle room in the league but I hope we get a win, no matter how ugly, just to keep the momentum. Also no more injuries please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.