Everton (A) - Sun 14th May, 14:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Arteta's comments were interesting. I think he sees tomorrow as the game we could slip up in and Brighton as their opportunity to go top.
If Arsenal are pinning a lot of their hopes on Everton being the game where we slip up then a win for us could really deflate them before they play Brighton.

Sneaky feeling Rodri will sit this one out and Stones will play his hybrid RB/DM role alongside....Bernardo.
Bernie is on a yellow in CLSF so maybe he'll start that one on the bench with Mahrez or Foden wide right on Wednesday.
It's three yellows for a suspension, and they were wiped after the QFs, so makes no difference at this stage. You only miss the final with a red card.

If Arsenal are pinning a lot of their hopes on Everton being the game where we slip up then a win for us could really deflate them before they play Brighton.
It appears they are. Their fans are certainly thinking this is the opportunity of us slipping up because we were in Europe midweek. And arteta seemed to hint at it probably thinking pep will rest a lot ready for second leg. They seem to think we will prioritize the champions league

You can see where Arteta is coming from. Everton are in a fight for premier league survival and won’t be rolling over for us. I expect us to win but it will be a fight. Arsenal should beat Brighton at home.

They wouldn’t be playing shite most weeks. Mid to lower table teams here have players that would walk into all their top 4 rivals in Spain and Germany. Budgets make our league massively more competitive
Does the 16th/17th place team over there have a Rice or Paqueta? Maddison? Lavia? Do they fuck
Maybe they do, but they've not received the same media exposure? How many had heard of Rodri until we showed our interest? I don't doubt there are some good quality teams in the depths of the Prem, doesn't change the fact that Madrid and Bayern would annihilate them. Frame the question another way; how many teams in the Prem are definitively better than Madrid?

An admittedly tough team selection for Pep, but I trust him to get it right, as he frequently does.

That said, the CL has to be the priority at this stage. Which means Everton is the only game that should require rotation.

This is the game I'm worried about the most just because of where it sits.

I think it's inevitable Pep will make changes and Everton away has always been a tricky one for us. A slow start and their crowd will be right on us. Their last 2 performances will have given them confidence and less pressure on them now aswell.

A win here and I think its done. Come on the Blues!

If it's about playing players to get them into some sort of form for the CLSF, then Kev's got to start! The brilliant goal aside, he had an absolute stinker on Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.