Everton (A) - Sun 14th May, 14:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Such a tough one and despite what people say our squad is small.

We have coming in

Rico
Laporte
Alvarez
Foden
Mahrez

Who all have to play for me.

Then the question of Phillips, if he does not play then we have to sell (I know players can take a year, but if he has so little trust would be a big hill to climb).

For me he doesn’t play and comes on if/ when we feel we can.

I’d rest Walker/ Stones for Rico/ Laporte
Gundogan for Mahrez with Bernardo in the middle
Foden for Grealish
Alvarez for KDB/ Haaland

Ederson
Lewis
Dias
Laporte
Akanji
Rodri
Bernardo
Alvarez
Mahrez
Foden
Haaland

Could definitely have done with Arsenal dropping points at Newcastle.

I know we have a game to play with but I think this one could be pivotal. Important to win this before Arse play and put us in a good frame of mind for Madrid. I can see some rotation with Foden, Mahrez, Alvarez and Laporte as extremely likely. I think Pep will go strong still and hope to finish it early then coast as he seems to have been doing more lately

Ortega

Lewis Dias Laporte Gomez

Bernardo Philips Foden

Mahrez Haaland Alvarez

Ederson, walker, stones, Akanji, Ake, Rodri, gundogan, grealish, KDB all rested.
I mostly agree, edited for my team...i'd rest Kev, but start Erling.

We need to keep our key players healthy for the Madrid game as that game is a must win, this one isn't. (i don't think we will lose fwiw)

A point would heap enormous pressure on the team. We would mostly likely be 4 points behind Arsenal kicking off against Chelsea.

Next 3 fixtures are season defining Everton, Real then Chelsea. Win all 3 and we have 3 wins for the treble.
Everton fans at work already starting the bullshit saying it’s more important to us staying up than you winning the league again. Everton will take points off City blah blah.

after the win at Brighton, Sunday no longer a 'must win' for Everton. Also they 2 more winnable games to follow. Dyche might target the last 2

Get this won on Sunday and we'll be 4 points clear with Arsenal only having 9 to possibly get the pressure will be ramped right up on them and they'll drop points at home to Brighton

Team will hopefully be something like this

Ederson
Akanji Dias/Stones Laporte
Lewis Rodri
2 from Bernardo Gundogan Alvarez KDB depending on fitness levels
Mahrez Haaland Foden

Ederson
Walker Dias Akanji
Stones Rodri
Bernardo/Foden Alvarez Foden/Bernardo Grealish
Haaland

De Bruyne and Gundogan will be rested here IMO - they need it, having played 90 minutes twice in 4 days. Both looked leggy last night and will be crucial if we want to beat them next week. Alvarez and Foden come in. Other than that, minimal disruption - this would be such a big win.

Everton showed against Brighton how dangerous they can be in transition - 22% possession, less than half the shots of their opponent, and yet 5 goals from only 5 shots on target (albeit one was an OG). Rather than having Stones come into midfield, he could play with Bernardo sitting next to Rodri and Walker pushing up on the right hand side in possession, more like this:

Ederson
Stones Dias Akanji
Walker Rodri Bernardo Grealish
Alvarez Foden
Haaland

You can also make the argument for Mahrez, but I'd worry about how vulnerable we'd be defensively with him out wide on the right. McNeil is their biggest threat and Mykolenko will look to overlap when they counter, so I'd want either Bernardo or Walker tracking him.

I'd be playing Haaland as it would be good for him to break this long goal drought he's on. Alvarez, Mahrez and Foden to come in for Grealish, Gundo and De Bruyne. I'd have:

Eddie
Stones
Akanji
Dias
Laporte
Rodri
Bernie
Alvarez
Foden
Mahrez
Haaland

Subs (hopefully early if we're winning comfortably)
Gundo-Rodri
Stones-Lewis
Dias-Gomez
Bernie-Phillips
Haaland-Palmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.