everton bid for new defender

He's a different position to Lescott though. It's like saying that because we signed Barry, SWP is now set to be sold. In my opinion, Everton going for Naughton is just them trying to strengthen their small squad, and nothing more than that. I can't see it being linked to Lescott's situation at all.

Tricky_Trev said:
He's a different position to Lescott though. It's like saying that because we signed Barry, SWP is now set to be sold. In my opinion, Everton going for Naughton is just them trying to strengthen their small squad, and nothing more than that. I can't see it being linked to Lescott's situation at all.

He's a left back who has a big future at centre back. That sounds exactly like a replacement for Lescott to me.

molineuxblue said:
Tricky_Trev said:

He's a left back who has a big future at centre back. That sounds exactly like a replacement for Lescott to me.

Thought he was a right back ?

Ntini77 said:
molineuxblue said:
Tricky_Trev said:

Typical rag knowing nothing about the blues.

Dr.Rag with good naming!

Ntini77 said:
molineuxblue said:
Tricky_Trev said:

Kyle Naughton (born 11 November 1988 in Sheffield, England) is an English footballer, who plays for Sheffield United. Naughton normally operates as a right full back, but can also play in a more advanced role on the right of midfield.

Ntini77 said:
molineuxblue said:
Tricky_Trev said:

Fair point! Got my Sheffield United Kyles mixed up (Kyle Walker left back). Either way, I think he'll be another centre back option.

Ntini77 said:
molineuxblue said:
Tricky_Trev said:

I thought he was a right back AND a left back! Either way, i'm pretty sure he's a full back, whereas Lescott is predominantly a centre back who can cover at left back if needed.

So now that we've established what he is, it's pretty clear that this signing is just Everton trying to replace Tony Hibbert... and who can blame them! Nowt to do with Lescott.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.