Everton enquire over availability of Ireland

Id be disappointed to see Superman leave, and believe he deserves one more season to prove himself.
I dont think there is anything wrong with having a bit of a soft spot for players brought up through our acadamy. Many have those players have served the club well, particularly through recent difficult times.
If stevie MUST be sold, then like many others, i would quote Moyes a far higher price for his services than any other potential suiters, and make it clear to him, that his ridiculous behaviour, and attitude toward City over the Lescott transfer, is the reason why.
I think IF he is sold then we should be looking for £12m, as a minimum, although as ive said, believe that with the additional games expected due to European games, Stevie deserves another season.
Up the blues.

Ireland to Everton.......PMSL

Where to start couldnt afford the £55k a week on a 4 year deal, such an massive step down for him to go from to City to Everton, Arsenal, Rags, Villa all shown an interest.

Then you have the terrible relationship between the clubs, Moyes and Kenright are so unprofessional cant see anymore business between the 2 clubs whilst they are still there.

alera said:
Ireland to Everton.......PMSL

Where to start couldnt afford the £55k a week on a 4 year deal, such an massive step down for him to go from to City to Everton, Arsenal, Rags, Villa all shown an interest.

Then you have the terrible relationship between the clubs, Moyes and Kenright are so unprofessional cant see anymore business between the 2 clubs whilst they are still there.

I don't get this whole step down to Everton thing. Irregardless of whether Moyes is a tool or not, Everton have a solid team that likely would have repeated their 5th place finish for the 3rd year in a row had it not been for a spate of injuries at the beginning of the season. They showed us twice that they were the better team during the season with Moyes show more tactical nous than either City manager.

As for the terrible relationship, that's all water under the bridge from the executives point of view and part of the gamemanship the comes with managing top clubs. We were the new kid on the block trying to challenge these teams that had been pushing the top 4 envelope for a number of years, so of course they weren't going to step aside meekly. What did you expect them to do, be happy that we were coming to buy one of their top prospects? The football manager playing lot on Bluemoon need to get a clue sometimes with the stupid shit they post. The fact that you don't like a team does not automatically mean they are a shit team. They've been better than us for many years and our money didn't change that overnight.

I think you're vastly overating both Moyes and Everton.

Fact is, our inability to break teams down or dominate midfield plays to Evertons strengths, which why we struggle against them. They're a long way from a top 5 team over the course of a season.

Celebritykiller said:

Fact is, our inability to break teams down or dominate midfield plays to Evertons strengths, which why we struggle against them. They're a long way from a top 5 team over the course of a season.

While I concede the point about our midfield, they've been 6th, 5th & 5th prior to this season past, so how does that not qualify them as being a top 5 team throughout a season? I think their squad suffered from having Europa league commitments this year with the number of injuries early on and they came on super strong in the 2nd half of the season and were in late february the most on form team in the league.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/columnists/david-maddock/Everton-are-the-best-team-in-the-Premier-League-on-current-form-and-it-s-all-down-to-Wayne-Rooney-The-David-Maddock-Column-article332761.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion ... 32761.html</a>

Celebritykiller said:

This^^^^^^^^ saying one team is better than the other based on 2! games within a 38 game season is simply stupid(so no real shock that most of their fans bring that up), we don't match-up well. Yet we could also say we are a better side than Chelsea based on beating them twice this season, but you will find few if any City fans making that claim.

I'm not denying they have been a top 5 team, but have they improved in the last 3 years... I would say no/very little.

Meanwhile I would say Spurs & ourselves have taken massive leaps.

I'd put them 7th best team in the country presently, and falling further behind every year because everyone around them is outspending them.

Half of there side is ageing with no sign of replacements, while the other half is rumoured to be heading towards the exit door. Without investment it won't last forever, even Everton fans know that.

Celebritykiller said:
I'm not denying they have been a top 5 team, but have they improved in the last 3 years... I would say no/very little.

Meanwhile I would say Spurs & ourselves have taken massive leaps.

I'd put them 7th best team in the country presently, and falling further behind every year because everyone around them is outspending them.

Half of there side is ageing with no sign of replacements, while the other half is rumoured to be heading towards the exit door. Without investment it won't last forever, even Everton fans know that.

I'm not so sure they haven't or won't improve, just that ourselves and the Spurs have improved at a faster rate in league play due to no European commitments. Let's see how a season of Champion's League/Europa League affects either squad and it's chances on the top 4 with Everton having no European commitments. I think the Spurs will end up having a Liverpool kind of year this season coming. I'm not sure they'll be able to enhance their squad enough to compete on all fronts.

Out of curiousity, who would be the 6th team? Liverpool or Villa?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.