Everton (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

As many have said a great result from a frustrating game. Excellent to see the big man getting back into a groove.

Kev coming on just gave us a lift and he really sets the tone for the team as there was a clear uplift in intensity.

Akanji looked rusty which is understandable and his role was a tough one today when he’s not match sharp.

Everton trying to ruin a game of football with their ‘tactics’ and ‘professionalism’ - thankfully they got what they deserved. I’m sure I lip read KDB saying to the ref ‘they’re taking the piss now’ after Tarkowski stayed down.

Everton electing to swap ends pretty much summed them up really. Tried every small time trick they could think of and ended up with fuck all to show for it. I hold nothing against their fans, but they've been stinking up the league for far too long and it would be nice to see the back of them for a season or two. Still reckon there's three worst teams than them, though, so perhaps not.

Onwards to Copenhagen. I swapped my big winter coat for a lighter one for the first time since October, business is about to pick up.
How does that work? It happens so seldom it can't be a simple coin toss?

If I ever need to build a wall, I will ask Dyche for advice. Although they had ten men between the six yard line and the goal for most of the first half, there is usually a deflection that heads goalwards. Nunez had a promising start but hasn’t yet got that subconscious awareness of where City’s goal-threats position themselves, so he made a few poor choices, but he will come good. Akanji looked rusty, Stones still not fully fit but without Walker we always look a bit weak on the right side of defence. Everton are good at the dark arts but I felt the ref was pathetic today, gave at least three clear fouls on City players the wrong way and awarded a free kick to Everton because one of their defenders ran across Alvarez and would have conceded a corner. It wasn’t pretty but Everton are desperate for points and they have Sean Dyche as coach. I have to say our most solid defender and the player who had the most passes and touches today was our largely unsung Nathan Ake, he gets better and better. Glad Kev and Erling are getting back to full fitness just as we need them, March will be a critical mont both for Champions League and Premier League defence. Hope no more serious injuries to key players.

Well I’ve enjoyed the match. I’ve enjoyed the day BUT not the fact that in a traffic jam coming from the match my clutch has gone and I was holding up all the traffic blocking one lane completely until a lovely Good Samaritan stopped and pushed the car to the bus stop lay-by thing!!
Ah well at least I was going home not coming to the match.
AA hopefully on their way. :-) :-)

I thought we played well, Everton very negative with variations on 10 behind or 9/1, not enjoyable but predictable dinosaur football from the Jurassic ginge.

That Norwegian Blue is not an ex parrot, a poly gone, he's a polyfila! If you can prevent him snacking on your firstborn, he's gonna find the net. Thought Phil and the count were very good, Ake is smooth as, Dias was good too. Teenage Kev reliving the 90s in a good way.

Calvert lewin, he's wank.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.