Everton (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

Fuck off Dyche! You horrible fucking anti football bastard! Any Evertonion who wants that fuckin turd to lead them into the next chapter(new stadium) needs their heads testing. He is taking your club to new depths with this abhorrent football. A dinosaur who needs putting out to pasture. Anyway, It had that feeling of not today about this match, but that's when world class players come into their own. Two tricky games, 6 points and 4 + goal difference. What's not to love. Oh and Alvarez needs a rest. That one's for Bill. CTWD X

IMG-20240210-WA0013.jpg

HAALANDDDDDDD!!!

What the fuck was Pep doing with that starting line-up & formation? ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠⊙⁠_⁠ʖ⁠⊙⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

Baldy totally underestimated how resolute Everton would be & I can’t understand why Foden was shunted out right, leaving us with zero creativity in midfield.

IMG-20240210-WA0011.jpg

The only attacking threat we had came from the superb Doku who was my joint man of the match.

Rodri looked frustrated not having the central outlets he's used to, & for all our huff & puff, we couldn't breach Everton's solid low block wall.

IMG-20240210-WA0008.jpg

I'm not one to select a boo boy, but I couldn’t for the life of me understand why we panic bought Nunes last summer. He showed nothing at Sporting & Wolves to warrant a move to the Treble winners, & I've seen little to change my mind since he's arrived here.

He was terrible today. He kept making dead passes when he wasn't losing possession & offered nothing in terms of creativity, defensively or attacking wise. The lift in our structure & performance when he was withdrawn was palpable & predictable.

It was a relief to see KDB & Walker coming on for Nunes & Akanji, & that's no sleight on Manuel. We had the wrong personnel, in the wrong positions, in the wrong formation & that's on Baldy.

Once the changes were made, we were a lot, lot better & finally began to look like the team our recent form suggests. We were still being frustrated, but with a new sense of urgency, we were turning up the heat on the stubborn Blue Bin Dippers.

IMG-20240210-WA0009.jpg

However, cometh the hour, cometh the Viking Meat Shield! The corner we won was a scrappy affair, but when the ball fell to Erling, he lashed it the fuck in with his right foot to give us the lead, which sent the crowd wild!

The Scousers made a raft of changes, & we changed Julian for Bernardo to gain more midfield control. The Scousers threw themselves at us, leaving them vulnerable to the counterattack, & so it proved when KDB received the ball in the middle third on the left.

He squirmed past a couple of players & played the kind of through-ball to Haaland that both have built their careers on. Haaland out-stronged Branthwaite, wriggled past him, steadied himself at pace & coolly slotted the ball past Pickford for essentially the winner. My head nearly blew the fuck off again!

We then went into game management & counterattack mode & all was calm until TEN FUCKIN MINUTES additional time was shown! Where the fuck did that time come from! \0/

This gave Everton a renewed sense of desperate purpose in the final few minutes, but thankfully we saw the game out & could've made it three, with a missed lob from KDB, or a hat trick for The Viking if Super Kev had made the pass to a better placed Haaland.

On today's performance I can't see Everton going down, unless they're hit with another points deduction. We've put the pressure back on the Red Dippers & ArseAnal, & the Blue Dippers will have more important battles to fight in the coming weeks.

IMG-20240210-WA0014.jpg

City are back on top of the Premier League for a couple of hours, with a game in hand, but there promises to be several more twists & turns in the title race before the end of the season.

The Champions League resumes on Tuesday, so roll on Copenhagen who we shouldn't underestimate at home.

Last edited:
Everton did a job on us for a good 70 mins. The changes made the difference. When available and fit our best 11 need to play.

Likes of Nunez and Alvarez don’t make our best 11 and their inclusion hindered us for the majority of that game. It just didn’t work.

Still, great 3 points against a decent side.
A bit harsh on Alvarez maybe, who has done pretty well for us, especially in the absence of The Viking. Nunes (Nunez is the annoying little turd at Liverpool) I have to say I'm not entirely sure about yet either, still early days though.
Wasn't the most enthralling of games, but job done, 3 attempts on target from which we got and 2 goals...what's that about?
With the obvious exception of that really good team they had mid/late 80s I've often found Everton quite a dull side to watch and today was no exception.

Hard earned points today from City. Well done to Everton they came with a plan, very stubborn not to everyone’s liking or mine but we overcame. World class the boys in blue worked their socks off .

Stuck at it and got just desserts.

On that performance, Everton would not be missed next season if they went down.

Erling took both goals with aplomb…one right, one left…and should have had his hat trick from KDB at the end, but Kev tried the lob.

Finally had our best XI on at the end and looked comfortable, but Pep made too many changes in the starting line up for me. It makes it even harder for the “second team” players when too many of them start together.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.