Everton (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

Everton electing to swap ends pretty much summed them up really. Tried every small time trick they could think of and ended up with fuck all to show for it. I hold nothing against their fans, but they've been stinking up the league for far too long and it would be nice to see the back of them for a season or two. Still reckon there's three worst teams than them, though, so perhaps not.

Onwards to Copenhagen. I swapped my big winter coat for a lighter one for the first time since October, business is about to pick up.

Was happy with the lineup pre-match, felt he picked the right side but we set up wrong.

The back line just wasn't working and we couldn't get our usual dominance further up the pitch because of it. Fair play to Pep for recognising it wasn't working and changing it early instead of waiting until the last 10 minutes.

Much better once the first subs had been made and we suddenly started mounting serious pressure. Appreciate we went for the second instead of sitting on it too, a 1 goal lead just isn't secure enough for us to sit on right now.

Great result in the end, those are the games where titles are won and lost. Need to keep the run going until we face the more feral scouse lot.

Two lovely finishes in a largely forgettable match.

How come we can ping 70 yard diagonals with pinpoint accuracy, but when crossing we seem to just hit and hope.

Calvert-Lewin is a shithouse, but he’s got a mega leap on him. He should be so much better than he actually is.

I didn't see the match or be able to listen to it, I was working. But based on the matchday thread alone.....

Wtf are we doing, players out of position, Alvarez in midfield wtf. Foden on the wing wtf! Wtf, Pep hasn't got a fkin clue how to play against Everton when he has a brain fart on a Saturday at 1230.
Haaland was, and is, shite. Grealish wtf, no better than doku.
But I am less annoyed at our team for winning. Well done boys I suppose.

Good to leave a game with three points, in daylight, no rain and some sunshine. The sun even had a bit of warmth in it, nice walking back to town by the canal.

I don’t understand all the moaning about how Dyche set Everton up. It’s a points business ultimately and they’re fighting for their lives, I didn’t expect anything less …..if they’d tried to play football against us we’d have wiped the floor with them

Was happy with the lineup pre-match, felt he picked the right side but we set up wrong.

The back line just wasn't working and we couldn't get our usual dominance further up the pitch because of it. Fair play to Pep for recognising it wasn't working and changing it early instead of waiting until the last 10 minutes.

Much better once the first subs had been made and we suddenly started mounting serious pressure. Appreciate we went for the second instead of sitting on it too, a 1 goal lead just isn't secure enough for us to sit on right now.

Great result in the end, those are the games where titles are won and lost. Need to keep the run going until we face the more feral scouse lot.
The back line wasn’t the problem first half (although he did change their positions after 10 minutes). It was the attacking midfielders of Alvarez and Nunez which was the problem, not creating enough. The solution was obvious and Pep isn’t daft

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.