Everton (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

I thought we defended well first half and actually could have done better going the other way if we had a touch more quality. Dyche spends so much time in training defending, positioning and set plays that I dont think we know what to do when we get the ball. But thought you were poor, moving the ball around quite slow in front of us.

But quality told in the end. Cant just keep giving the ball away to you.

Hopefully you go on one of your runs now.
You ought to come to one of the MCWFC matches - it can be even slower. Every game I come to I am waiting for a bit of pace on a pass. Unless you move the ball at pace then you give defenders all the time in the world. They don't need to do much, just get into the space the ball is going to. We sometimes play for the player on the ball coming up with the magic twinkle toes. Doku did it a couple times but they came to nothing. But the minutes Kev makes an appearance yer know the game's pace is gonna increase. The speed we got the ball from Rodri via Kev for Haaland's second was the stuff we should be playing more often instead of the cagey cat and mouse game of chess with a football.

I thought we defended well first half and actually could have done better going the other way if we had a touch more quality. Dyche spends so much time in training defending, positioning and set plays that I dont think we know what to do when we get the ball. But thought you were poor, moving the ball around quite slow in front of us.

Thx thought Everon did ok and defended well. The foundation is there but for me need to add a bit of flair, whether that be pacy wingers or a 10 who gets hold of it a bit more going forward is definitely the next step.

Anyone see what happened in the CB Lower toward the South side? Some sort of fight broke out just before the first goal, whatever it was meant I missed the first goal as some people from out of that section, spilled out onto the aisle right in my line of vision obscuring my view!!
I saw some of it from SS1. I saw a lad with longish hair getting one up the bracket on the stairs.

*lol* actually he's a season card holder in the East Stand!! When he saw me in my City go to the match kit, scarf and all, he was asking about the game and telling me about where he sits. So he's a Blue through and through. :-)
Nice one, he was obviously bowled over by your charm, personality and team of choice!

I don’t understand all the moaning about how Dyche set Everton up. It’s a points business ultimately and they’re fighting for their lives, I didn’t expect anything less …..if they’d tried to play football against us we’d have wiped the floor with them

I kinda agree but teams that park the bus against us get despatched whereas teams who have a go have had more success

I thought Everton made it a horrible game to watch in the first half.
I didn't expect anything different and I understand why they did it but It still makes for a horrible game of football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.