Everton (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

I would love to know why Pep had Akanji join Rodri in midfield instead of John Stones. Akanji looked cumbersome and awkward in that role. Pep must have had a reason but can't think what it could be.

Think pep when champs league games are coming up is looking at game times for players and what he can get away with plus Akanji and Nunes need games time to get up to speed to when we need them!

The time was also available for City to improve our goal difference and worsen Everton's.
Yes. As it was at Brentford. Are they not aware that the Dippers have a better gd and are regularly scoring 3 a game? ( look how many 3-1 wins this season). GD is vital. I know we have Brentford gih, but that is not a particularly good one to improve our GD, infAct has all the rinse and repeat smash and grab over the top hoofball goal...

I think the lads did well yesterday to get anything from that, I had it as a draw as knew it would be difficult against 11 men + ref.
But we really do need to give someone a 5-0 tonking to improve that GD.
Don't think I got to see that angle on TNT live or I wasn't paying attention, looks bad though.
I was going mad when that happened, obviously no VAR as one of ours injured. We all know what would happen if one of our players so much as dared to breathe on opponents goalie( see Alllison) let alone blatantly kick him in the face. Total blatant corruption.

1) Doku carried our biggest threat for the first 50mins - but our potential from his runs was reduced because 3 times out of 4, he'd cut back and play a ball backwards to Ake etc. With the aerial threat of Harland, both Doku and Ake should be deploying a lofted cross (and accept that we'll lose possession more often as a result of the increased crosses)
2) Alvarez's corners always have the same trajectory & need to improved
3) Nunes was poor yesterday and pulled out of a good 60/40 ball near us. I want him to succeed (and be able to run with the ball at his feet) - but when its not working, as yesterday - Pep should have replaced him at Half Time
4) Foden is wasted on the wing (obvs)
5) My problem isn't with the 10mins of second half stoppage time ('injury' stoppages plus subs) - it's the 3mins of first time stoppage time (the injury to Ederson must have been at least this on its own). Don't think the Ref is to solely to blame for this?
6) We should be really grateful that we don't support Everton. I get pragmatic football, & I've felt empathy with them over the years (with a bigger, richer, shiny red club just down the road - felt like we had a lot in common): BUT that was anti-football yesterday. Awful to watch and I'll shed no tear if they struggle after a second points deduction this year
7) Lastly. Took the boy for his first Mary D's experience yesterday. Alex Williams was in there signing copies of his book - lovely guy and some tales of what it was like as a black player in the early 1980's: worth £15 if you've not read it

Onwards & CTID
This is a good analysis .Also think given our style if we had a naturally left footed left back who had an attacking mentality we would get even more. I like both Ake and Gvardiol but they are not natural full backs

It’s his first season here and quite frankly has exceeded my expectations.
He’s terrifying right backs and getting double marked which creates space.
He’s just got to fine tune his delivery which he will given time once he learns Pep’s systems.
He’s some player.
Would help if he looked up occasionally and be aware of city players available to receive the ball and as Kippaxed54 says he needs to put in better crosses for the Viking in the middle …..

Godfrey better get a ban for that assault on Ederson. Doubt it though.

Scummy **** could do with a kicking.
Had this been at the other end, the incident would be played on a loop on Sly Sports on the hour every hour until the PGMOL wankers imposed a 3 match ban.
Anyone remember when Aguero was banned for the Derby a few years when they did the same thing following an "elbow" against West Ham?

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.