Everton (H) Post-Match Thread

Can anyone tell me how Tom Davies is a professional footballer? He’s absolutely dreadful. There’s not a single thing he’s good at
He’s remained a professional footballer because he scored against us 3 years ago. Still dining out on that.

I said today i thought the foul by Calvert Lewin was a red card....but those sort of decisions are going to ALWAYS be subjective regardless of technology....the offside was offside (Mahrez in thebuild up to the foden disallowed goal) - nothing subjective about it as it either is or isnt offside and in this case Mahrez was offside.
Both feet off the ground, leading foot studs up, trailing leg hooks him. Red all day long no need to be subjective just apply the rules.

I think the decison to deny the Foden goal was correct -it was offside.
I think the decision not to give Mahrez a penalty was correct as well - it first checked he was/wasnot offside int he build up and didnt use an arm and then checked if it was a foul - it got all of those correct
Calvert Lewin in my opinion could have been sent off - but that is a subjective type decision

Foden was nt a penalty -even he didnt appeal

so out of those 4decisions I think it got 3 definitely correct - the onyl one i would question was the possible red for Calvert Lewin

So yes overall it worked

It has also worked for us in the lastcouple fo games (penalties, retaken penalties)

The goal never looked offside. However as I recall on seeing var the ball was about 3 feet wide, a big white smudge which showed Mahrez in an off side position. I am sorry but it is not accurate enough. The distance Mahrez was allegedly offside would have been instantly noticeable to the ref's assistant.
The system is highly flawed and the rules are being applied differently depending on which team is playing.

Can anyone tell me how Tom Davies is a professional footballer? He’s absolutely dreadful. There’s not a single thing he’s good at

So commentators can still talk about “that famous goal in their famous win” a few years back.
That and wigan fa cup are continually trolled out several times a year. Pisses me off every time

I said today i thought the foul by Calvert Lewin was a red card....but those sort of decisions are going to ALWAYS be subjective regardless of technology....the offside was offside (Mahrez in thebuild up to the foden disallowed goal) - nothing subjective about it as it either is or isnt offside and in this case Mahrez was offside.

VAR is about having no subjectivity, its about fairly and evenly applying the laws of the game.

It was a red card tackle as you admit but VAR didn't even fucking take a look.

I thought McPointy was VAR proof in his commentary last night. Every time City went forward he shouted offside or handball randomly - I wonder whether he’s wired up to that VAR caravan - giving them options to rules goals out. He’s an utter prick, he’s largely illiterate (‘he should have went’! ) and a very lucky soul to earn a living in broadcasting.

The goal never looked offside. However as I recall on seeing var the ball was about 3 feet wide, a big white smudge which showed Mahrez in an off side position. I am sorry but it is not accurate enough. The distance Mahrez was allegedly offside would have been instantly noticeable to the ref's assistant.
The system is highly flawed and the rules are being applied differently depending on which team is playing.

Half of Mhrez body was offside....its not even debatable call - it was clear offside and Im just suprised the lino didnt call it in real time.

Reactions: nmc
So commentators can still talk about “that famous goal in their famous win” a few years back.
That and wigan fa cup are continually trolled out several times a year. Pisses me off every time
Norwegian TV mentions the 4-0 Everton game at the very least 10 times a year. Also keeps saying that we brought Pep to win the CL. Commentators are a weird bunch

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.