Everton (H) | Post-Match Thread

Not sure if this has been answered as I’m reading through the thread.

After the game, the players had to go back to the dressing room to protect their Covid bubble whilst the staff built the stage. They also had to set up pens for photographers and media.

Once they were clear of the pitch, the presentation began.
Pens for media, along with troughs

Glad you were there today, you deserve to be there, are you going to be in Porto too ?

Thank you. Unfortunately I won’t be at Porto. My Doctor says not at present. It’s come a year too soon! But I shall be cheering from home and keeping the neighbours jumping in fright each time we score! I really should live in the country in a detached house! I had a lottery win this weekend, only do it now and again, but sadly £3.50 won’t buy a house! :-)

Thank you. Unfortunately I won’t be at Porto. My Doctor says not at present. It’s come a year too soon! But I shall be cheering from home and keeping the neighbours jumping in fright each time we score! I really should live in the country in a detached house! I had a lottery win this weekend, only do it now and again, but sadly £3.50 won’t buy a house! :-)
Could be a deposit?

Really don’t mean to rub it in mate. Apologies if it came across that way.

No it didn’t come across that way, I was just (trying) having a laugh.

I think there were 100,000 there today. May be not all in body, but definitely in spirit.

It’ll never happen, but would hope one day we can get Silva & Aguero back to have a full Etihad show their appreciation.

A great way to end a PL season, the Champions (I still can not get used to saying that) romping home in style with some wonderful goals, sublime football and a touch of fantasy.

The plaudits will of course go to Sergio as he brought down the curtain on a wonderful Etihad career, he took his goals with the aplomb we have almost taken for granted. He will rightly go down in the pantheon of City greats and maybe yet there is still a final page in his incredible story. He leaves with out thanks and our love as the greatest goal scorer in our long and storied history and he leaves with records aplenty including the most goals for one club in the PL era and the most hat tricks. An incredible goals per minute ratio and there will be defences across the land breathing a little easier tonight knowing they will not have to face him again, of course Chelsea will still be wary of the assassin if he makes the pitch at the Estadio Dragao. Could that final page be even more extraordinary than what has gone before.

Yesterday though was not purely about Sergio, it was about a team that has been magnificent in this most trying of seasons. As Covid has ravaged the land, our club, our club has stood out as a beacon as to what is beautiful in the world. Of course we have been absent, but those games on the TV have kept many of us going through these dark days and every single player in our squad, the management, the back room staff and Pep deserve our love and affection. We once sang "the best team in the land and all the world" and other fans laughed, they are not laughing now, they are in awe of City and we are the best team in the land and all the world.

Yesterday was a stroll, we played with such joie de vivre it was a pleasure to watch. From Eddy saving a penalty and starting attacks, Ruben and Stones dominating at the back, Zincho and Kyle marauding down the wings, Fernandinho the rock , Foden's impish brilliance, the searing pace of Raheem, the majesty of Mahrez, the inventiveness of Jesus and the breathtaking brilliance of Kev, each and every one of them was superb. They play with a beauty I never seen before, it is simple, but it is not, it looks easy but it is not, it is though supremely effective and Everton chased shadows as Ancellotti was on the end of his worst ever managerial defeat.

I end though with respect for all the squad, each and everyone of them has played their part this season, we have had some lows amongst the many high points but they kept going and look as together and as happy a squad of players we have had in our history and they all deserve their medals because football is no longer about the eleven on the pitch it is about the squad, it is as much about those who push and work their hardest week in week out and do not play as those who do play. Those who do not start raise the standards of those who do, to have a starting short in this extraordinary team has to be earned and if your standards drop there are players who will take your shirt and keep it. That is healthy for our club and the players as professionals will understand that. They can never rest on their laurels and Pep will not allow them too and rightly so.

One sour note though and it made me more angry than anything else this season. I was flicking through twitter after the match and amongst the rightful praise for Sergio i came across abuse aimed at Raheem, with one tweet calling him a "fucking monkey". It didn't ruin my day, but I turned the TV off and did not watch the celebrations. I am fucking sick to death of people thinking it is acceptable to racially abuse footballers. It has to stop, Raheem represents our club and he does so with class and intelligence and mindless abuse aimed at him is idiotic, its spiteful and I hope the perpetrator goes to prison and is banned from watching football for life. If you are one of those people who think it is OK to racially abuse our own players just fuck off out of our club for ever and do not ever come back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.