Everton (H) | Post Match Thread

So, you must reckon that Arsenal are going to win every game; interesting.
We aren't even half way through the season, and as you yourself say, they have to play us twice.
Arsenal will not win every game but on our current form they will win more than us . After we scored the goal if was as if we decided that we had played our game and fucked it off . Grealish and Mahrez cannot play in the sand team but pep will carry on playing both because that is what pep does .

That depends on what the question is? :)

Wank game, **** ref. Move on.
As bad a game as I can remember and not just because of the result. While the team is not performing at a high level currently and looks a bit disjointed, the first six weeks of a New Year offers the opportunity to turn things around. While not confident I remain hopeful.

The defence wasn’t the problem today, piss poor mid-field and ineffective wide men were the problem.
But you have to admit that every time a team attacks we look flaky . After a great start we are seeing why Dortmund were quite happy to see the back of arkanji and you can see why we are looking at the Croat kid . Can you imagine rapid wide men with haaland upfront and pep is thinking the same hence the interest in the Milan wide man .

I think that's borderline scapegoating. The problem doesn't lie with Stones, Ake, or Akanji. Responsibility lies with Pep for failing to recognise when his tactics aren't working, and reacting far too slowly when things go wrong.

Inverted fullbacks and line hogging, backtracking wingers... Fucking clueless sometimes.
I just don't see Ake breaking forward to set something up, he underhits passes too, a couple yesterday. And Rico appeared to freeze at one point yesterday when attacking in a good position, checked and played the ball back.
Not digging em out and good solid defenders but against a shit shower set up like yesterday with a truly incompetent referee there was a need for "total football" to create an opening.
It's games like yesterday where Phil and Bernardo should be on to keep the ball in tight situations and move it on.
Although Everton were wank and had 1 chance they saw a fair bit of the ball compared to a lot of teams we play.

Pissed off a little bit with us cos yesterday was a massive must win game compared to the next run of fixtures.

However, it compares nothing to how I feel about that fucking referee, wtf was that performance.
He literally destroyed a game of football, what a C**t!

Ake and Rico don't offer enough in attack against low blocks. We created a lot against Leeds, but they were more willing to high press and play football than Everton. And KDB didn't have a shocker.

Pep went overboard with Rico. He's a great talent but plays a bit too safely and doesn't contribute in attack. Ake isn't much better going forward, but his role is more defensive, he's more of a CB in this system.

Will be interesting. We were 7 pts behind Liverpool in 18/19 and won it. Wouldn't bet against us. But we'll need Walker and Cancelo in good form. I get why Pep is resting Cancelo, he needs it for he lost form after Southampton. But why is Walker on the bench, given he has barely played since early October? Will he be ready for Chelsea after nearly a month without football?

Lots of seldom seen posters offering their opinions on the game, and our title chances. Which is fine. They're perfectly entitled to do so. It is a forum, after all. My question would be, why weren't they offering opinions in the Centurions' season? Or the fourmidables campaign? Maybe, shock horror, they get more pleasure in complaining, rather than complimenting?
Well said Jim...
I didn't post after the game as I was pissed off at dropping two points...but it's bollocks to think we can't go on a run and claw back 7 points especially as we have to play the Arse twice...it might not happen but then again we might do it.
Yesterday was an awful game to watch with Maddley and Everton doing their best to stop a football game breaking out.
So much play acting and time wasting was embarrassing..
Definitely looked a penalty on Mahrez from the top of South Stand and having seen a pic of it since it was 100% nailed on..but with that fat fucking tosser Mason on Var no way we're we going to get it.
We need Kyle and Cancello Laporte and Ruben back asap..
Hopefully Pep will start Phil and Alvarez instead of Mahrez and Grealish as we need more pace upfront to help Haaland.
Happy New Year blues..keep the faith..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.