Everton (H) | Post Match Thread

For all the outrage in this winter of discontent, just a gentle reminder that after 16 games last season we were on 38 points with a goal difference of 24. This season we are on 36 points with a goal difference of 28.

So on crude numbers we are very similar to last season. The difference at the moment is the freakish run by Arsenal.

Everton were shit yesterday but so were we, I’ve seen lots of posts about time wasting and them having 1 shot on target etc etc, however we only managed 3 ourselves at home to a side who will be battling relegation which isn’t good enough.

Looking like crunch time over the next six weeks with the fixtures coming up and the next round of the champions league.

I was expecting a season with no trophy by March of last season and we clawed the title back just, so it’s not over until it’s over but things have to change and for me we need a solid starting 11 from now especially at the top of the pitch.

For all the outrage in this winter of discontent, just a gentle reminder that after 16 games last season we were on 38 points with a goal difference of 24. This season we are on 36 points with a goal difference of 28.

So on crude numbers we are very similar to last season. The difference at the moment is the freakish run by Arsenal.
I think this is worth remembering. Arsenal are setting an early season pace that only us and Liverpool have managed once each, and on those occasions we both cruised to the title because it's almost impossible to match.

This year, we've had a much easier fixture list.

Still to play Spurs twice, Chelsea twice and Arsenal twice.

Not exactly comparable.

1 shot on goal, 1 goal. I've seen this game countless times before and we're still no closer to cracking this particular nut.

You could see early on this was likely to happen with just no real energy, just passing it about for passings sake at times. I know why we do it but we barely created anything and had zero energy either. No wonder Haaland was frustrated and was lucky with that sliding challenge and at first sight it looked like a red to me.

Grealish and Mahrez offered very little down the flanks as usual. I've said it before about Grealish but he's a good player, but isn't the player for us. I think he's under instruction not to lose the ball, but why buy a player who's game is dribbling? He offered next to no attacking threat at all. He's not a goalscorer and barely creates anything. He needs to go to a team where they will play to his strengths. Mahrez is Mahrez and is capable of brilliance and absolutely nothing. Poor old Lewis has his work cut out behind Mahrez!

We look so out of sorts at times, I'm sure it's the system. We rarely have games where one player has a poor game, it's usually the whole team like we saw yesterday.

If we're not careful, we risk letting Liverpool catch us up, as well as Arsenal get a bumper lead. There's also a number of teams like United, Newcastle and Spurs who are all going to have very good seasons.We need to start a nice run and I think we're going to need 90 points again.

It was a real disappointing end to the year, hopefully this is a kick up the arse for Pep.
What makes it worse
Is that everton had lost their last 4 games in all comps
going into that yesterday

Lots of seldom seen posters offering their opinions on the game, and our title chances. Which is fine. They're perfectly entitled to do so. It is a forum, after all. My question would be, why weren't they offering opinions in the Centurions' season? Or the fourmidables campaign? Maybe, shock horror, they get more pleasure in complaining, rather than complimenting?
And you're perfectly entitled to sweep it under the carpet, ignore the obvious and fail to realise that human nature is to express concern more than satisfaction - although there was certainly plenty of that on the occasions you list. Never understood this desperate need to put a lid on criticism. Vive le forum and all that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.