Everton (H) | Post Match Thread

Im still pissed off. Dropping points to Brentford & Everton at home is poor.

I still don’t get how we dropped points in these games. I think tactics in both didn’t help.

And you're perfectly entitled to sweep it under the carpet, ignore the obvious and fail to realise that human nature is to express concern more than satisfaction - although there was certainly plenty of that on the occasions you list. Never understood this desperate need to put a lid on criticism. Vive le forum and all that.
I said that it's a forum, and that people are allowed to express their opinions (as long as they don't break the rules). I just find it puzzling why they posters see fit to criticise the team, which was deserved yesterday. From memory, I criticised the performance on page 1 of this thread. Yet they seem reluctant to praise the phenomenal achievements in the two seasons I mentioned. Also, as an aside, if I was sweeping stuff under the carpet (your expression), I'd have deleted dozens of posts since the game ended. But I haven't deleted a single one.

I said that it's a forum, and that people are allowed to express their opinions (as long as they don't break the rules). I just find it puzzling why they posters see fit to criticise the team, which was deserved yesterday. From memory, I criticised the performance on page 1 of this thread. Yet they seem reluctant to praise the phenomenal achievements in the two seasons I mentioned. Also, as an aside, if I was sweeping stuff under the carpet (your expression), I'd have deleted dozens of posts since the game ended. But I haven't deleted a single one.
Fair enough

How does Grealish start ahead of Foden?
How does Mahrez start ahead of Foden? For whatever reason Pep refuses to start Phil, Haaland, and Grealish and its absolutely killing us. And after getting off to an excellent start with us Akanji seems to be front and center in every goal we concede.

And you're perfectly entitled to sweep it under the carpet, ignore the obvious and fail to realise that human nature is to express concern more than satisfaction - although there was certainly plenty of that on the occasions you list. Never understood this desperate need to put a lid on criticism. Vive le forum and all that.
Your point about human nature hits the nail on the head, and is the reason I get a tad exasperated when folk make comments about the Matchday threads, or size of threads when we lose.
It’s all fairly obvious (and normal) imho.

Nowhere near good enough. And even away from stats, we are boring when we have both Grealish and Mahrez in the same side.

When Foden came on yesterday he was erratic (and looked a bit rusty as he’s hardly played that much) but he was positive and direct. Would Grealish or Mahrez have leapt in the air with damned fucking determination to head that chance at goal that Foden did? They wouldn’t even think of making the attempt to do it, never mind actually do it and win the header.

GET PHILIP WALTER ‘RONNIE’ FODEN IN THIS FUCKING TEAM!

Well Foden can afford to do that because by that point most of Everton player already tired, doubt if he start will change anything.

Wait, Jim you are the moderator? I'm not even joking. I did not know that. Where have I been? I need a break...

Fair enough
I do honestly see your point of view and, contrary to how it probably comes across, I'm not looking for arguments. I'm too old to be rowing (not the sort you do on water!) with faceless people online. I just find it sad that people will criticise (and, as I've intimated, the criticism was justified yesterday), but seem reluctant to praise us. You probably are on to something with your "human nature" observation as well. If we won, say, 4-1 yesterday, the post match thread wouldn't be half the size it is. And re the moderation on here, we try to avoid the RAWK method, where just about anything overly critical of the club is deleted. Ric's wish is for posters to "self moderate" where possible, and for the mods to only get involved as a last resort.

Webb has already said the bar has been raised for overturning onfield decisions (which means when the referee is told to look at the screen, it's even more likely to be a "clear and obvious" mistake).

In a general sense (and setting aside yesterday's match) I heartily approve of that. VAR should be there to help the ref — not to replace them.
I don't think the ref is told to look at the screen, by the way. I should hope not. They may be advised that they might want to take a second look. The remit of VAR should not go beyond that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.