Everton (H) | Post Match Thread

We are currently playing with a full back in central mid leaving no cover on the right - not sure how it's worse
Yes but that’s because of the fear of the transition. It’s to essentially limit the number of times it happens. Pep seems very specific about where he wants his teams to cross from and who it is who plays the crosses (basically not overlapping full backs) and it’s to do with preventing a transition. It’s alluded to a lot in Pep Confidencial.

It’s definitely not worse IMO, particularly if you want KDB in the half space where he can cross. Rodri and Bernardo/Gundo do not have the legs to cover the middle of the pitch.

I think we mugged you for a point yesterday. However, had we tried to attack and play an end to end game then we would have got a hiding. Your players are well better than ours, we all know it. It is not pretty from us, but we have to scrap now, we are in danger, we are utter gash. That apart, I still think you will go on a decent run and Arsenal will hit a bad patch. What is it 7 points? that is not the end of the world, well achievable, and if one team can do it it is you guys. I hope you do as well, good luck.

I think we mugged you for a point yesterday. However, had we tried to attack and play and end to end game then we would have got a hiding. Your players are well better than ours, we all know it. It is not pretty from us, but we have to scrap now, we are in danger, we are utter gash. That apart, I still think you will go on a decent run and Arsenal will hit a bad patch. What is it 7 points? that is not the end of the world, well achievable, and if one team can do it it is you guys. I hope you do as well, good luck.

Don’t like the tactics the time wasting but understand it, it’s up to the referee and city asa team to cope with it..

That was Everton of old that yesterday a team that no team likes to play keep that up all season you be top half no problem!

If you look at the stats and not how the game panned out how the referee was shite and how Everton played! Bottom line we had enough chances to win they had not even half a chance!
Same in loads of games. The oppositon scores 1 or 2 goals with very few chances. Are we to open? Is our defence not working as well as in previous seasons? Is Pep changing the back line around too much?

Shocking ref but poor performance. Seem to play better away from home at mo.
Haaland seemed pretty frustrated, he looked like he couldn't understand why we were not taking the roof off and intimidating the opposition....... The worst for me though was Gray's goal...Although he eventually took it well, he stumbled in the box, still had time to re balance get his head up and strike. No other premier forward has that much time anymore, we were just so complacent.

Same in loads of games. The oppositon scores 1 or 2 goals with very few chances. Are we to open? Is our defence not working as well as in previous seasons? Is Pep changing the back line around too much?
Defenders at fault for their goal yesterday - he had soooo much time.

We aren’t to open they had one shot on goal! It’s was mainly about us not taking the chances to make it 2-0

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.