Everton (H) | Post Match Thread

The best English talent we've seen in a long time on the bench gets 5 minutes when we're chasing the game he should be starting every game and sorry but we should not be starting with mahrez he's not the player he was
Mahrez is best receiver of a ball from height I’ve seen but he’s certainly become very predictable for defenders (the goal v Liverpool aside)

We were shit in the first half against Palace, we were outplayed by Brighton, we were rubbish against Fulham, we were even poor in the second half against United… we won all four of those games but that’s 10 halves of football out of of our 16 home halves of football we’ve not played well in this season.

Include the Newcastle, Villa, Liverpool Wolves and Leicester away performances (again, despite some being wins) and you realise that we’ve not got going at all this season.

Jesus now I am depressed lol

I'm afraid, though, that it's the unvarnished truth. If anything, it's a bit lenient. I wouldn't have been at all surprised for us to have lost against Newcastle. We were just clinging on at times. (Felt we were a bit unlucky, by contrast, to lose to Liverpool).
But the United game actually brings me back to yesterday, to some extent. We really eased off against them. Ok, winning 4-0 against them, somewhat understandable. But to ship three? No, sorry, not great. We should have come haring out yesterday and stuck a second in after half time. It's no good saying players have got to save themselves. That's what we've got a squad for. And up to five quality substitutions. Even the Liverpool game recently, we should have closed that game out. We were the better team. Make it clear. Be hungry. We were the better team against Everton? No mercy, then.

We can only hope it's part of a master plan, having certain players fresh for what's coming. I don't like taking the piss out of some teams by fielding 'weakened 'team.

... or it could be another brain fart!

Yep. It's flagrant, isn't it? It's what he does match after match. Leads me to wonder if he's been told to do that by Pep. He goes towards the marking defender from a standing start. Well, he doesn't have the blistering acceleration of a Sané, so he knows he's not getting past him.
Very similar phenomenon with Mahrez over on the other side. Mahrez can put a fine cross over, though, from time to time. When Kyle's back, he'll be overlapping on that side, thus creating chances. But Kyle's not eternal.

Yes, it makes absolutely zero sense. Its an often stated this is what Pep wants (to slow the game down) but I often see KDB break past his fullback and create chances so not sure why he would not want Grealish to do this at the right time. Similarly we used to see Sterling fill his boots, at the back post with tap ins for 3/4 seasons, Grealish again prefers to hang around the edge of the box, to regurgitate possession, rather than attack the back post. Surely that cannot be a Pep tactic also?

Last edited:
Where do want Foden to play? He is not a winger but Pep doesn't trust him in the centre. He can't be a false 9 anymore?
Eh the left or right side of our attack like he has done countless times to great effect? He has played with Haaland many times this season and we looked much more dangerous than we did yesterday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.