Everton (H) | Post Match Thread

Yep. It's flagrant, isn't it? It's what he does match after match. Leads me to wonder if he's been told to do that by Pep. He goes towards the marking defender from a standing start. Well, he doesn't have the blistering acceleration of a Sané, so he knows he's not getting past him.
Very similar phenomenon with Mahrez over on the other side. Mahrez can put a fine cross over, though, from time to time. When Kyle's back, he'll be overlapping on that side, thus creating chances. But Kyle's not eternal.
Agreed. Though one difference between Mahrez and Grealish though is that Mahrez is capable of world class finishes; he is so much more of a goal threat than Jack is. Sadly.

I don't like him on the left at all not much more of the right but I prefer him to Mahez. Pep doesn't play him because he prefers Mahrez and Foden is not good on the left. Pep also doesn't trust him to play in the middle.
Next season Foden has to play in the centre and we but a left winger.
However our issue this season is 16 goals against in 16 games. Our opponents have 2-3 shots per game and they score 1. We have 20 shots and score 3 normally. In a few games this season we have only scored once. In these games we need to be tighter in defence and not concede.

Where do want Foden to play? He is not a winger but Pep doesn't trust him in the centre. He can't be a false 9 anymore?
Pep needs to start trusting these players. Same with Grealish. I would rather he did and they made mistakes while learning instead of never been given the chance.

Remember when he moved Zin to Lb. It was a move he did not want to make but the whole team looked better for it.

The team needs to evolve. We are stuck in between 2 systems and it ain’t enough at this level. Go all in or go home.

Dortmund home and away, Copenhagen away, more horrible performances
Indeed. We don’t seem like we are anywhere near our swashbuckling best this season.

There have been two seasons like this recently; one, we ended up finishing 18 points behind the title winners, the other we ended up winning the league ourselves… the difference between those two seasons weren’t that great, the former we finished on 81 points winning 26 games, the latter we finished on 86 points winning 27 games.
(at the moment this season we are on course for an 85 point season)

In 2020-21 we didn’t look like we could muster a winning run yet we ended up going on an incredible run of 18 wins in 19 games from game 14 onwards. But the title was won on just 86 points that season, the lowest in the last seven years (it was the behind-closed-doors season).

At the moment I can’t see an incredible run coming because we have been so inconsistent so far… but you never know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pep needs to start trusting these players. Same with Grealish. I would rather he did and they made mistakes while learning instead of never been given the chance.

Remember when he moved Zin to Lb. It was a move he did not want to make but the whole team looked better for it.
And now Arsenal look better for it, sadly.

And now Arsenal look better for it, sadly.
True but some other team in red would be top anyway. Brought in a number 9 but still play false 9 with less intensity. No Jesus weakens the press. Closest we have is Foden or Alvarez and both not playing. Bernie looks hit and miss.

All of this is missing. The defence is missing a lb due to Zin leaving and the cb doing a job but not to the level required.

Playing Jack wide when it’s not working.

So the problems mount up and lead to dysfunctional performances.

True but some other team in red would be top anyway. Brought in a number 9 but still play false 9 with less intensity. No Jesus weakens the press. Closest we have is Foden or Alvarez and both not playing. Bernie looks hit and miss.

All of this is missing. The defence is missing a lb due to Zin leaving and the cb doing a job but not to the level required.

Playing Jack wide when it’s not working.

So the problems mount up and lead to dysfunctional performances.
Had Zinchenko still been here I think he'd have linked up well with Grealish, but we'll never know.

We just wasnt good enough got what we deserved

Gomez Phillips need to start more or at least be subbed on for a minimum of 30 mins still to play otherwise sell we don't need just squad players we need people to be pushing first 11 fighting to start I would play grealish in the middle and foden on the lw then have them keep swapping

Give palmer a run on the rw aswell fresh things up

If you look at the stats and not how the game panned out how the referee was shite and how Everton played! Bottom line we had enough chances to win they had not even half a chance!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.