Everton (H) | Post Match Thread

We could always defend a bit deeper instead of the top third of the pitch and stop putting our fullbacks in the middle of the park.

Then we are unable to attack the way Pep desires. Rough with the smooth, mate.

Can't play attractive, attacking football from inside our own half.

Although, we haven't been that attractive at time this season. Work required.

However, I am **** with no clue.

I said that it's a forum, and that people are allowed to express their opinions (as long as they don't break the rules). I just find it puzzling why they posters see fit to criticise the team, which was deserved yesterday. From memory, I criticised the performance on page 1 of this thread. Yet they seem reluctant to praise the phenomenal achievements in the two seasons I mentioned. Also, as an aside, if I was sweeping stuff under the carpet (your expression), I'd have deleted dozens of posts since the game ended. But I haven't deleted a single one.
Tbh I usually browse all the good stuff on here but only post to vent about the shit said and written about us in the media. Other than that I think our standards are so high after the last decade and us having the best coach on the planet it’s understandable blues are concerned with the starting 11, defending, amount of easy goals conceded etc of this season and that’s with Haaland’s goals which makes it even more concerning. Most blues I know are quite down to earth with their expectations and quite good at reading football so the concerns on here are valid just as much as positive posts. Not after an argument by the way just my view.

Then we are unable to attack the way Pep desires. Rough with the smooth, mate.

Can't play attractive, attacking football from inside our own half.

Although, we haven't been that attractive at time this season. Work required.

However, I am **** with no clue.
I know, I’m no expert either but being so high up the pitch with the players being chosen to start is clearly a bad recipe at the moment because we’re blunt at both ends. Maybe it’s just the tempo, Arsenal don’t give the opposition time to breathe like City used to play, and off the top of my head I’m not sure how high their defence would be when they’re attacking and how exposed they leave their centre halves?

Got a run of big fixtures from now until the next champions league game and we normally react brilliantly when we lose or feel like we lost a game with a draw. Always annoying to drop points in matches we shouldn't, but I'll take this result if it kick starts our seasonal 20 game win streak :)

I do find heads falling off all over the shop a bit much, we aren't even halfway through the season yet, and lets not forget it's only 7pts, this arsenal team are good, but we made that gap up with fewer games against a much better Liverpool team. Plenty of football left to be played this season.
We lost against Brentford, I wouldn't say we reacted brilliantly against Everton to that defeat

Its true but also the question is why he is always surrounded by 2 or 3 defenders?

His default setting is always to have the ball to feet (so will never run in behind a defender) where the space is on the flank and so collects the ball in between the defender and midfielder (two players).

He rarely collects the ball on the move, or moves it quickly onto another player, preferring to take a number of touches, giving time for players to move over to his area of the pitch and as he always comes inside he moves into an area of the pitch where the right back/centre half, holding midfielder are positioned. Its even more explicable yesterday when they played three centre halves and two holding midfielders. There is no space inside, so why move into that area?
do you think he magically why he receives in that area of pitch. it is under strict instruction from pep for him to take that position.

Hopefully we have seen enough of mahrez and grealish combo.
Also, we are lacking a leader in the back line.

Yes, it makes absolutely zero sense. Its an often stated this is what Pep wants (to slow the game down) but I often see KDB break past his fullback and create chances so not sure why he would not want Grealish to do this at the right time. Similarly we used to see Sterling fill his boots, at the back post with tap ins for 3/4 seasons, Grealish again prefers to hang around the edge of the box, to regurgitate possession, rather than attack the back post. Surely that cannot be a Pep tactic also?
that is exactly how pep uses grealish and he is infact doubled down when he was asked in press conference.

Haaland seemed pretty frustrated, he looked like he couldn't understand why we were not taking the roof off and intimidating the opposition....... The worst for me though was Gray's goal...Although he eventually took it well, he stumbled in the box, still had time to re balance get his head up and strike. No other premier forward has that much time anymore, we were just so complacent.
we never press from the front and intimidate the opposition any more. we drop back passively these days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.