Everton (H) | Post Match Thread

So pep uses grealish to slow the game down. I mean that must be some world class tactic.
that is exactly what he says in the press conference. he seems to think that will make us defensively stronger. pep seem to not realize that it will severely limit our attack.

Is there a reason why Foden is on the bench? Just my opinion, but I would be starting this lad every game. To me, he is the perfect player to attack defences, and supply, or take defenders away from Haaland. Teams know Haaland is a goal machine and will try to stop the service to him. But surely Foden is one of those more likely to unlock a defence? Foden is class, I would play him as often as possible.

Now that everybody's calmed down a bit. Does anybody want to temper the violence of their negativity immediately after the match somewhat?
Look, it's not great, for sure. We really should be beating the Evertons of this world, and beating them handsomely. However, I trust this group, and their manager, to live and learn.
This coming month is the test. If we win all these big matches, we will have put down a serious marker as potential champions. Regardless of what the Arse do.

Pep apparently said a few players are not showing the right attitude. Now it’s from the mail so hence the word apparently. We always see stories like this when we are not winning every game so make of it what you will.

It would explain the lack of subs and some players not getting on the pitch. Maybe the boss is reiterating his position after the new contract, bit of tough love.

Should see a change in attitude when the players return. Looking at Phil, Cancelo, Phillips, Bernie etc.

That's not what Pep said.

Why not actually view his press conferences rather than relying on how the press spin things?

Pep talked about how body language plays a part in his selection process. Players are human and have ups and downs for all sorts of reasons, form can also vary, injury niggles play a part, the World Cup may have taken a physical and mental toll of some sort on a few players.... it doesn't mean there is an attitude problem in any of the players in the squad but you can be sure if Pep thinks someone has the wrong attitude, they will be excited from the club if it is a persistent issue.

One of the points that seems to have to be made time and again to people is that the manager see so much more of the players, he also knows what he wants from them in each game and all these things and more go into team selection. Supporters meanwhile often take a far mor simplistic and undoubtedly less informed view; they also pay attention to crap from the media.

Agreed. Though one difference between Mahrez and Grealish though is that Mahrez is capable of world class finishes; he is so much more of a goal threat than Jack is. Sadly.

The much maligned Riyad Mahrez had a generally good season for us last season. Some good assists, and a few key goals. This season he's been largely anonymous. No denying it.

not impossible that the arse do a leicester, much more probable though is our squad will be more resilient than theirs through the grind of the rest of the season. The lack of fit-for-purpose refs and var wonks is our biggest obstacle imo

The much maligned Riyad Mahrez had a generally good season for us last season. Some good assists, and a few key goals. This season he's been largely anonymous. No denying it.
Again, agreed; no denial from me. I’d like to think my use of ‘capable’ and ‘threat’ are still valid; if he had it in his locker last year then surely he still has - what’s changed this year, i suppose that’s the question?
His motivation, his fitness, the preparedness of defences, his role and interplay in the team, his instructions from the manager, the speed of our build up play … whatever, you’re right to highlight his drop-off

Now that everybody's calmed down a bit. Does anybody want to temper the violence of their negativity immediately after the match somewhat?
Look, it's not great, for sure. We really should be beating the Evertons of this world, and beating them handsomely. However, I trust this group, and their manager, to live and learn.
This coming month is the test. If we win all these big matches, we will have put down a serious marker as potential champions. Regardless of what the Arse do.
No, in fact I'm more critical of the "performance " with the passage of time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.