Everton (H) | Post Match Thread

Rubbish, couldn't believe he took of Grealish and kept Mahrez on, Kev was also awful and to make matters worse..Four pounds fucking fifty now for chips and curry sauce outside the ground

Disagree , if you are good enough, you are good enough.
If you are good enough over time, you are good enough.

The thing about time-wasting, though, is that it reduces the time in which a team can be “good enough”, which in turn increases the chances of randomness and undue influence having a say in outcomes.

It’s simple statistics and probability: the smaller the sample, the more randomness/bias plays a part in the dataset.

Unfortunately if you lose at home to Brentford and draw with Everton ( no disrespect to them sides)then you are not looking like champion material.My only complaint is which I think has been mentioned we have went from pacy wingers to wingers who seem more intent on holding onto the ball ( as in keeping possession at times at all costs ) this league has moved on again teams playing more and more with fast pacy wingers and forward players,are play now at times is quite pedestrian due to being more concerned with any type of possession over end product,with spurts of fast play thrown in.where has that 5 second rule that pep had at Barca and Munich get the ball back,yes we see it now and again in games.Hopefully we get a better performance on Thursday at Chelsea but the league before we know it could be gone for us if things don’t improve..

Yep, you do mate, do you think that tells you the facts? Tell me Sebastian what pubs did you drink in at maine Road? Describe the Kippax from walking in? So if you are not a member of bluemoon for many years then you are not a city fan, were you at the play off final 99? I doubt it, did you have a season ticket when we were in the 2nd division? I doubt it, I forgot you have to be a long standing bluemoon member and a gobshite to be a real blue
Thou doth protest too much.

I thought Pep's comments before the game about leaving before the end of his contract were strange. Why give our critics any encouragement? That together with the performance today and his apparent apathy/ unwillingness to change things from the bench has me more than a little concerned.

I wasn’t at the game today so can’t comment on the performance, but it’s becoming harder to deny that we’ve regressed as a team over the past year and unfortunately I can’t see an easy fix emerging.

Personally I think that Lillo departing at the end of last season was a major blow, even if it’s taken a while to realise it.

Tactically we’ve been all over the place for much of the season, and although some of this has been attributed to trying to integrate Haaland into the team, personally I think that Guardiola has simply tried too many formations and we’ve never really settled as a team and got into any real rhythm.

We’ve had Bernado stuck out on the wing at the start of the season, Gundogan playing up front, De Bruyne in a free role, inverted full backs, three at the back, the complete mess we served up at Anfield and then today two inverted wingers with no full back overlapping, leading to a complete lack of width. And the biggest complaint, that being the refusal to make subs until the dying minutes, even though we’ve got a pile up of fixtures.

A stronger assistant manager might have pushed back against the constant change, and also made a difference when we need to make subs before the 85th minute. As talented as Guardiola is, and with talented people in general, sometimes you need someone to rein them in and challenge their views, and we seem to be lacking that this season.
Keep saying it, Pep needs a strong assistant manager.

Our last 2 matches have seen a win against Liverpool and a win away at Leeds.

The doomsday stuff is a little tiresome. I think the team is a little thin in places and we lack pace further up the field. But I think people just want to panic any time we don't win a game 4-0
Pmsl at that last sentence after drawing to Everton today.

It isn’t happy clapping. Some on here seem to have not witnessed our league triumphs, and how we’ve had to fight to get them.

Some on here seem to think we’ve never won a title, and that we’re throwing this one away not even at the half way stage.

It isn’t happy clapping. It’s knowing what we are capable of and what we’ve done to secure past titles. It’s also not being a total wet lettuce of a fanny when all isn’t going our way, or the players dare show their human side and have an off day.
Well said against the biggest fanny on here.

Some title challenging performance that was.
Top 4 is all I’m concentrating on now and that’s no guarantee the way we’re playing.
The energy, movement and pressing has totally gone from this team.
Early in the season we put it down to ‘concentrating on the World Cup’, well that’s bollocks it seems.
Piss poor performance and effort.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.