Everton (H) | Post Match Thread

I love Pep, he is the best manager but he does have one teeny, tiny flaw. His substitutions. 95% of the time they come too late.

However we didn’t lose so we are not going into 2023 carrying a loss. :-)
100% agree.

Over a 38 game Season,the cream rises to the top of the Milk.Pep is the best at winning League Titles no denying that.

In one off tight games he is pretty shit at managing us Sub wise,or changing tactics.

It is like he has no plan beyond starting that first 11 he puts out there.

We have seen it in Champions League many time, in the latter Stages.Or tight defensive games in the Premier League.

His use of Subs really is shockingly bad.And is kind of ironic considering he was at the forefront of the campaign for wanting more of them.

I dont think we have truly benefited from our substitute edge under his watch.

Thankfully we rarely need them.When we do though you know we are fucked though :-)

He’s so good that in a decade of playing in the Prem, he has only held down a regular place at relegation fodder. He should be a bit-part player here. He isn’t and the goals we are conceding and the subsequent results are showing exactly that. Not all his fault but collectively the quality of our defence has gone from best in the Prem to bang average. He is part of that.
He is part of that, but so are the others, stones only held down regular starting place in an Everton squad who at the time weren't great, Ake is a regular starter for the Dutch national team, and the goal today was.not has fault, and you could equally say at the other end the forwards are not doing there job then, as last 2 home games 1 team has scored more than us and 1 the same as us

Might be the kick up the arse we needed that though. A winner would have just let us off with another poor display.

Now we really have to look at ourselves after two home games in a row without a win and put a lot more application in.

Proper shite game. My presence probably jinxed it. No flow whatsoever. And it showed after 5 minutes with the Haaland injury.

We get punished for starting slowly or thinking one half will do the trick. It won’t. Especially if you run up against a wall of defenders. Ref didn’t help.

5 points lost in last two home games. Hopefully it won’t bite us in the behind.

Can’t really name a MOTM.

It is when 2 are ways out injured at any one time.
That would be fine if Ake and Akanji were 4th and 5th choice CBs who only played when there were injuries to the other 3. That isn’t what has happened though. We have 5 CBs who are apparently all 1st choice and are being rotated as such. No other top team in history has done this. Pep is revolutionary but this idea needs throwing in the bin.

Not the end of the world, but problem with grealish and mahrez together in matches like this is that neither - via movement with ball or without - is a real threat to break in behind. Defenses far too happy to let them predictably cut in or pass back and keep the play in front of them.

Just think pep should sub earlier in these cases or have the likes of foden start at home in such matches (or all). Phil will at least try to beat players to the byline and cause instability in a defensive bloc.

Obviously we still win with both wingers cutting in, but I think pep needs to be more decisive esp at home in forcing opponents to adjust, spurring crowd momentum etc.

Still think we’re the best side, but if arsenal has a star-kissed run what can you do?

I think the lack of experience in lewis is what caused the goal, they had way too much time on the ball in our box. Can you remember a time when we get that much time in the box unchallenged

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.