Everton (H) | Post Match Thread

Same old story as a number of home games this season. Look far too lethargic and slow. I'm always concerned when we don't get that second goal.
Personally never wanted us to sign Grealish from an English supporters perspective as I knew they'd limit one another's playing time and I considered Foden a far better footballer. That opinion hasn't changed and Phil's simply superior to him in every department and the side looks more threatening with him in it. If he's fit he MUST start for me.

Pep has always stated that “ if he thinks the team need a different voice in the locker room, he would do what’s best for the club”
What I said has nothing to do with Pep being a defeatist, Peps a manager that works on emotion and instincts
I stated my opinion in response to your statement, and then I asked you a question. :)

How the hell did we not win that match. Some poor performances including, dare I say it, KDB who had a shocker. The only one who came out of it with some credit was Rico.
Evertons tactics and brutal tackling got under our players skin and at one point I feared we would get a red card, especially Erling.
Looking at the overall game and the formation that they played it was crying out for somebody to get to the byline. However both Grealish and Mahrez persisted with moving inside and then offloading.
Every match recently we seem to have a 10/15 minute period that our concentration levels drop and all 50/50 challenges go against us.
Improvements need to be made, but once again how did we not win.

No pace in the side at all. The midfield particular full of ageing, slow players.

Those that have a little pace like Foden, Pep favours them passing back rather than run at a defender, so the game is so slow and any chance we do have at breaking we don't take it.

Says a person who joined 8 months ago to a poster that has been on here since 2009.
See my response to Sebastian mate, city fan 44 years, season ticket holder at maine Road, Kippax, then North stand and season ticket at Etihad, like I said is that the benchmark of being a fan gow long you have been on here? Could show you my ticket from todays game but couldn't go as not been to good, my son has probably had a season ticket longer than Sebastian has been a blue

Terrible performance. Pep should have shook up the team and definitely should have made subs earlier

Even so we should have still won easily. One fucking shot they had in the whole game

Brentford now this shitshow.. not good enough

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.