Everton (H) | Post Match Thread

No need to panic, yes, Arsenal are better than us at the moment but Pep will sort it out, thats why he is paid the big bucks.
Far too reliant on an ageing KDB, we are too slow & methodical, really need the energy & pace of players like Foden & Alvarez
We could easily get back playing a different game without Kev, if he's struggling.

Rodri, Bernardo, Gundogan

Foden, Haaland, Mahrez

Might even make us a bit more solid in the middle, and give us more control of the ball

Pmsl at that last sentence after drawing to Everton today.
What can I say? Its a shit result, but after the 20/21 season where we didn't even start playing until Nov and won the league with games to spare, I know better than to fall to pieces in December.

I have to admit, I haven't enjoyed our play as much this season apart from the big man making goalscoring look ridiculously easy. I think there is too much passing with no real intent, especially as a lot of it is passed around the back, very safe, not zipped with a purpose. We then decide to ping a ball out wide, wide man controls it and passes it back and round and round it goes. Our play needs someone to drop the shoulder, flick the ball round the corner, someone taking on their man with purpose etc. It just feels too safe, keep possession at all times. We also end up with Ake and Stones in advanced positions with the ball, but the opposition are happy they have it there as usually there's no threat. I don't think Pep has got his tactics right since Haaland has arrived. I hope he does soon though, as we could be out of the league if we lose a few matches over the next few weeks. I do trust Pep, but like some of you, get frustrated with his lack of change in matches like today's.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.